Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Default Re: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Yes, I know about that FP. It took place at the end of Clinton's inaugural celebration in 1993. His campaign song had been "Don't Stop," and he specifically asked for the Rumours-era lineup to play at his inauguration (although both Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks had left the group at the time). The inauguration, in fact, got them talking again and led in part to them being more amenable to a reunion four years later. Gotta give Clinton props for that.

Fleetwood Mac fans often joke about that moment, because as Fleetwood Mac is singing "Don't Stop," Clinton joins them onstage and walks towards Stevie, his family right behind him... at which point, Michael Jackson runs in between him and Stevie to get next to Clinton.

Here's a wider view:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BTW thought I would post a video of my favorite song of his, "Man in the Mirror." I find it very meaningful and moving, and the key change at 2:10 really brings it home.

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and then make a change."

So true.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPSkurGQj-M[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Is my favorite of his too Soda. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

My favorite MJ song is Black Or White - love the morphing at the end!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Love Man In The Mirror and the lyric you quoted. Thanks, Soda.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I am pretty sure I heard there was a Tox screen being ran and that results wouldn't be available for around 6 weeks. It was apparently pretty well known he was a heavy user of prescribed meds...oxycotten and something else I don't recall....heavy pain meds.

MikeA

One of my favorite songs from Michael Jackson is Man in the Mirror, too.
    Another favorite from me is the Earth song.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZcAzZOyOg[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Came across this a few minutes ago.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/celebri...=FCST_buzz0628

On one of the recent news reports covering Michael Jackson’s death, mentalist Uri Geller speculated that no one knew Michael, and indeed, the self-proclaimed King of Pop was an enigma that, along with his music, will be his most lasting and original creation. But in October 1987, I was with Michael and he provided clear insight into his psyche, and it wasn’t pretty.
    “Have mercy, for I’ve been bleeding a long time now,” he wrote in an strange and haunting epistle that has even more resonance in light of his tragic passing yesterday at the still youthful age of 50.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It is making me absolutely sick seeing people still trying to make money or get their 15 minutes of fame off of him after his death.

Case in point... In the middle of the night there is a syndicated show that runs called Coast to Coast. Don't know if any of you are familiar with it but it's a talk radio show about UFOs, extraterestrials, life after death and the supernatural. My husband is a talk radio junkie and he catches the last hour of it every morning on his way to work and has told me about it. Anyways, we had to leave extremely early Sunday morning so we were flipping channels and on this show was some guy that was "channeling" Michael Jackson. It was just pathetic and sickening! Some people just have absolutely no scrupples or morals. In my opinion, 2 more of those people are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Has there ever been 2 guys that pop up for every controversial thing there is more than these 2 leeches? Just MHO!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

My daughter brought this up today. She and her friend went on ebay a few weeks ago and there was a 30 disc cd set of MJ for $30. They went to check it this past Saturday and had jumped up to $300. It's amazing that the cds were practically worthless when he was living and within two days everything MJ has gained 10% or more.

As for JJ and AS,, I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Although Al did give a nice news conference in regard to MJ's passing.