Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

I watched it off and on yesterday and also some of the specials last night. I thought it was really nice. Brooke Shields made me tear up and so did his daughter Paris. How sweet she was. It made me realize that evidently he was a good Dad and the kids do love him. I wish the best for them.

And as much as I didn't like what he became with all the plastic surgery, he was a unique and enormously talented guy that gave much to the music business.

RIP Michael.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I watched some of it too. Up until Brooke was done. I almost teared up too during her statement. I really like the statements made by Magic Johnson and is it Coby(don't watch alot of basketball). Not to change the subject but could've done without AS making his NAACP speech, yet again. Michael was a troubled man who seemed to face alot of inner demons. But he managed to be graceful even during times of questionable circumstances. Not to change the subject again, but if he had been inappropriate with my kid, there's no way I would've settled for money. I would not have even accepted money, dirt poor as I am. I'd a made sure or at least tried to make sure he ended up in jail for life.

He made quite the impression on me when I heard Billie Jean, watched him make videos into movies, brought to life the spirit of dance for me, all he had to do was move and it became a dance and still brings a smile to my face even though he is no longer making music. Sorry to be going on about this, just things going through my mind.
    Last edited by Fan_For_Life; 07-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Please excuse the cynicism, but I found it sad that it took his death for people to remember that he was born African-American. He could have done a great deal for the African-American community instead of spending the last decade of his life denying that he was one of them. He sang 'it don't matter if you're black or white' but he seemed to go out of his way to behave as if it did.

I have always seen him as African American. No matter how bleached his face got.

Stuck on the Border

You miss my point. He himself appeared to deny that he was African American.

I'm not so sure he denied his african american roots, he apparently had a condition. I've seen this condition, not so sure if he changed his skin color or if his skin changed color. Perhaps since some of his skin was already changing, he didn't want to be two toned. Honestly, just going on my own perception here, and the little of what I've heard him say about this.

And now Al Sharpton is saying that his death didn't get ENOUGH coverage because he was black. Oh my gosh, it was all over the news for TWO WEEKS!!! I hate to say it, but our guys are not gonna get this kind of coverage when they pass on (in the DISTANT future, God willing) regardless of the fact that they are white.

You gotta wonder if some of these people are serious, are just doing it for the publicity.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My husband & I were talking about whether there would be this sort of reaction if (say) Robert Plant, Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney died and we didn't think so. McCartney, maybe, but it won't be on this level.

Regarding the 'skin condition' this is what Jackson claimed. Whether it is accurate we will now never know.

About the skin condition, I heard it might have been triggered by the fire incident during filming of a Pepsi commercial back in late 80's. If in fact his scalp burned bad enough it may have caused some kind of neurological damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My husband & I were talking about whether there would be this sort of reaction if (say) Robert Plant, Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney died and we didn't think so. McCartney, maybe, but it won't be on this level.
    George Harrison got a segment or two on the news and a few tributes, but not much more.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten