Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Dublin 2 July 2009

Default Re: Eagles in Dublin 2 July 2009

I, too, am one who doesn't mind the suits but WHOA BABY!!! Those are some sa-mokin' pictures!!

Yow-Za!!!

~Tonja~

HELLO!!!

~Tonja~

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The bathrobes may have been as follows:

Don: plaid (Sorry DF)
    NEVER!

Makes perfect sense to me!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Eagles play Dublin July 2nd 2009

Sorry this review is a little later than I planned but better late than never....

My review of this performance starts at the unusual hour of 4am local time in Dublin when I was woken with a flash, a crash and a lot of rain..... Yes that famous thunderstorm that lashed 2 weeks of rain onto Dublin in an hour had commenced. My first thought as I woke was 'Oh NO the GIG'. I listened in anguish for the next hour or so as the thunder and lightening continued and all I could think about was the idea that water, lightning and sound equipment don't mix. 'What if its a washout? Christchurch? Shortened set lists?' All these thoughts were flooding through my mind and things were no better about 8am as the torrential rain continued to bucket down. Of course I was getting texts from people teasing me about the weather and one neighbour commented 'You have to have a crush on one of them to go ANYWHERE outdoor in that rain' me? Crush?
    It cleared only slightly as the day progressed and I decided to abandon the fuschia coat in favour of my red mack. It was still raining as we left the house about 4pm although it had abated somewhat from the awful downpour of earlier. In fairness it was warm too so we didn't feel too bad. At least at this stage it looked like we might have a gig.

Well somebody above us was definitely looking down because as we arrived at the RDS it began to get noticably brighter and just as I started to collect the tickets (And Paul started to get some cash!) the sun began to sneak through the clouds. We didn't feel out of the woods completely but things were looking a lot better. The guy in the ticket van then told us he had no tickets for us, but then rechecked the ILAA email and eventually found them. I wasn't too worried because I had Helen (from ILAA)'s phone number. Anxiously I looked at them

ROW 11 Glenn and Tims side Thank You Helen

Our 'Exclusive Eagles Gift' was a set of LROOE luggage tags. They'll do when we go on our 'Eagles Tour' to the States which Laura and I are already planning.

Once inside the ground I divested Paul of most of the cash he had obtained a few minutes earlier as I just HAD to get Chris a t-shirt, and the LROOE hoodie jacket and poster that I couldn't manage in Belfast. For the next hour we ate hot dogs drank coke and savoured the warm summer sun that had finally made its presence felt. We met quite a number of Eagles fans and then about 7pm made our way to the seated area. Now I had had to endure quite an amount of teasing from Paul over the last 7 months about the amount of money I spent on those tickets. Well he was GOBSMACKED when he saw our location and immediately took back EVERYTHING!!!!! They were spectacular. 11 rows from the stage with a clear view. While we settled and waited Laura and I saw Helen and thanked her for such good seats. She had remembered our 'Favourites' from Belfast and had done her best for us!

We took a few pictures and watched the tuners working on the lads' guitars, the sound guys and the lighting guys getting into place. This was chris's first concert and he was thrilled with all the excitement. Finally 730pm approached, the backing band took stage and we looked anxiously at the right hand side where we could see the EAGLES assembling. All I wanted to see was 'What's Glenn wearing??????'
    As they came out I wasn't disappointed. Glenn looked fantastic in his jacket jeans and shades. IMHO he had just sliced another 15 years off his age and as I'm convinced he stuck at 40 it made him look about 25. Don looked resplendent in his black and white t-shirt and Jeans. Joe rocked in a black 'sparkly' top, black jscket and jeans, while Timmy sported a black t-shirt, black waistcoat and jeans. As expected to a loud cheer they launched into 'How Long' a major hit for them and one that everyone could sing along to if they so wished. Out came the camera, and it seemed there was no problem taking either pics or video footage, which continued through the show. Then Glenn took the stage and gave his intro,
    'Hello Dublin great to be back in this beautiful city, this beautiful country. It looks like the weather is going to co operate with us tonight'.
    He said they were the 'Band who refused to die' and for our entertainment this evening they would play both old songs and new and that Timothy and Joe would take us out with the next 2 songs which were from from LROOE'

After that the first section of the gig went pretty much as usual. The audience were very vocal, appreciative and everyone's humour was fantastic. I think most people just couldn't believe that the weather had come up trumps after only s few hours previously. Laura and I were certainly delighted that nothing had been cut from the set list. Just before the break Don introduced 'The Long Run' and added the well documented story about the fire alarm going off in his hotel at 4am and wakening him. Also that in the 70's the party would only have been starting then. So it looks like I was in good company (in mind at least) earlier that day. I must confess I missed most of 'The Long Run' as nature called my little people and I thought it was more prudent to bring them to the bathroom then. I was right as there was an almighty queue once the interval began. I'd say we'd have missed much of the ballad section had we waited.

Just as the band took their 'stools'for the next part of the show ypurs truly hopeed out of her seat and walked right up to take a close up pic of the boys. I managed one, then as I took the second felt a pair of (male) hands grip my waist. Sadly it wasn't Glenn . It was a security guard who literally turned me 180 degrees and pointed me my seat. But it was all very good humoured. I think Glenn must have seen everything!

So that was the first part of the evening. As I don't want to rush it I'll do the second part in the next day or so when I get a bit of spare time.

A few pictures

Just before the gig

Love Glenn's shades

Timmy and Don

'Interesting' view of Glenn

The one I was 'turned' doing!!

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: Eagles play Dublin July 2nd 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS.

That is one delicious picture. I take my own review comments back... Jeans ALLLLL the way!

Thanks for the great review - I can't wait for the next part.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Well, it's about time GA! I have been waiting and waiting! And now you're making me wait for the second part too?

But it's OK because THOSE PHOTOS OF GLENN ARE SO FREAKING HOT.

And what a hoot about you getting grabbed but not by Glenn. I LOL'ed!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Man are you a suspense author or what? Give us just enough to keep us coming back for more! You and your children are adorable. I'm sure you hear it all the time, but your daughter looks just like you!

Stuck on the Border

GA, those are fantastic. In the first one of Mr Frey my reaction was just DUDE.

Edit: Redheads rule! You are all adorable!

Thanks for the great review!
    The pics are stunning!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)