Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Dublin 2 July 2009

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles play Dublin July 2nd 2009

We seem to have two threads for both Dublin & Birmingham, so perhaps Soda could merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Loving your sig banner, Lou!
    Thanks! I'm quite fond of it too.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    GA, thank you!

Why are my eyes glued to his thighs? I love denim!!!

t...tttt....toooo m...mmm..much!

~Tonja~

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles in Dublin 2 July 2009

I just don't understand why I want to charge the stage

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8y1hU1IZE[/ame]

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks again everybody for all the wonderful comments and compliments. Because the threads have been merged its difficult to respond to the individual comments but rest assured I appreciate them all and the great bunch of people who come here.

Now I'll attempt part 2....

As most of you remember part 2 started with me being 'turned' and 'redirected' to my seat. However the manner in which ir was done was more funny than embarassing. It seemed these guys had been detailed to keep us pretty much in our seats but they were very good humoured and took to the spirit of the gig very well. Anyway with the twilight starting to approach the boys began their seated section and as expected played NMWIWW followed by WITW. I'm at the stage now where I'm remembering the backdrops to the indivual songs on the tour, and WITW is one of the most spectacular. I hope if they bring out a dvd after the tour ends that they will include this (Ie before F2 tour ). Glenn as before thanked both Don and gave mention to Steuart who of course composed WITW and then went on to introduce 'A song that has special meaning for us here tonight...... No More Cloudy Days'. The crowd certainly DID see the humourous side of that comment. And Glenn sang it so beautifully, with that gorgeous sky background. After that of course it was Timmy's turn to give a little intro and he talked first about spending a week in the 'beautiful Irish Countryside' and commenting that his wife's family was originally from Co Derry. Of course that gave him a big cheer. he said his next song was written by Paul Carrack who also sand 'Tampted by the fruit of another......' singing it along to Glenn and Dons accompaniment for a few seconds. he then said they would do something from 'Hell Freezes Over' and went into LWKUA. Glenn then introduced the last song while they were seated, deviating slightly from his usual introduction. 'Our wives call this the credit card song....' It seems Dublin has NOT heard that joke in a while judging from the level of applause and laughter Glenn got. It was a lovely mellow song to finish on.
    Now Laura and I were a little anxious as we had heard that they sometimes drop the next 2 songs, but no, they did LROOE in its full entirety with all its thought provoking background imagery which it was now dark enough to see. I wasn't really expecting 'Somebody' as it seemed to have been dropped in all the outdoor gigs so far this summer. Glenn must have known I was in the audience and wanted it . Lets just say Laura and I FREAKED OUT when those first three notes sounded and once again Glenn ROCKED it. I dunno, but it is just such a sexy daring song, and he sings it perfectly. However I still would be quite happy to meet him up a dark alley some night....

After that of course came OOTN followed by the band introductions which took the same format as the Belfast intros. Glenn looked and sounded genuine and adorable as he gave everyone in his back up band a compliment as he introduced them, finally moving to Timothy, who in turn introduced Glenn . Glenn took back over and introduced Don and Joe after which Joe took off with LBG. I love where he sings 'They send me emails, tell me Glenn's great' And Glenn has the courtesy to look a bit sheepish. Joe also put out the helmet cam for some of this song which got the crowd cheering more. It was getting very funny, the stewards wanted us to sit down, then Timmy pranced across the stage waving his hands at us to stand up and clap, which we all duly did. At that point the stewards gave up and only started at the people who were standing on chairs givibng their OH's piggybacks (which I suppose WAS a little dangerous) DL followed with Don in great singing form. Glenn and Joe then did their 'thing' where they sparred off each other on the guitars, Joe eventually winning out. Cue Funk #49 with its large coulorful images in the background. These alternated between guitars and fish, with each Eagle made into a swimmer. Hard to describe but very interesting to watch. I'll post a pic.
    Glenn then took the lead for 'Heartache Tonight' one of hubby's favourites as well as mine and we all joined in once again, as darkness was taking hold of the arena. The 'main' concert finished with a riproaring LITFL and with the fast imagery behind we really felt we were in the fastlane with the Eagles. Of course I'd have stayed there all night listening to them......
    After a short break of course they were back out and Glenn thanked all the audience 'VERY VERY MUCH' . As in Belfast you could see that this was very genuine and that Glenn (and the others I presume) are really gratefulto the audiences of all ages who come out to see them in all weathers. Anyway, of course it was time for TIE which I always is a very joyful celebration of what it is to be an Eagles fan, and it pulls the whole crowd together. We all have our favourite Eagles and favourite songs, but this is pected, like an anthem. As expected, they retreated afterward to the strains of 'More' 'Encore' 'Eagles' 'We wantcha Glenn :heart' etc' and sure enough they were back out. Don took the front of the stage and sang 'Desperado' as the finale of a wonderful night.
    Afterwards they bowed to all corners of the crowd from the stage and lingered a few minutes (Though I didn't see any picks this time) while we started making our way to the exits to the sounds of 'Billie Jean' on the sound system. Of course they went before we did, (catch me leaving ANYWHERE if Glenn was still known to be there!!)

But it was a great night. I have hubby totally converted to both the band and the ILAA. It started to rain again on the way home and then the car started to act up and we were lucky to make it home......

Thank you for a wonderful week Eagles

Glenn Frey forever.

As this is already quite long I'll put some pics in the next post
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So, Some pictures of the second half of the Dublin show. I promise not to make them too Glenn biased.

Waiting in the Weeds

No More Cloudy Days

Don during LROOE

Funk #49

Glenn and Joe

More to follow later!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for the second part of your fab review, Lis! Sounds like yet another amazing show.

I truly believe you are trying to kill me with those Don pictures. I can't even pick one to quote because they're all SO FREAKING HOT! He is still the yummiest man I have ever seen... and in those jeans...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Thank you for the second part of your Dublin Review!
    The pictures are excellent!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Thanks everybody for all the lovely comments.Its been great fun doing. I'll go into more detail tomorrow. PROMISE!!

Here's the Timmy and Don that I meant to post last night,

Plenty more to come, but I want to do it properly......
    You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO forgiven for not posting this earlier!!! I defy anyone to tell me that this picture is not just dripping with sexiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That man is the whole package!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm with YOU TBF!! Good golly!

Thanks for the second part of your review GA...I'm so happy you had such a wonderful night! Thank you for taking the time to tell it in such detail - it really makes me feel like I was there!! to you!

~Tonja~