Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inquiries for Longtime Concertgoers...

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: Inquiries for Longtime Concertgoers...

Lighthouse, you’re my hero! Validation at last...

Dreamer - “another mysterious Eagles decision” They seem to be replete with those...

You all have my gratitude!

Stuck on the Border

I agree with the statements made regarding the 'Mexico' verse in Tequila Sunrise. It was only sung during the mid 70s.

I like Don's little 'ah ah' in New Kid In Town too but saying that is the best part of the song rather detracts from what I consider Glenn's finest ever vocal.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    what I consider Glenn's finest ever vocal.
    OMG, FP, I feel the same way. While NKIT is not my favorite song, every single time I hear the first line sung, I get a little chill and weird feeling in my stomach. I could never explain it to anyone... I mean, it's not my favorite, but I appreciate it so much for the fine vocals that actually physically move me. His voice is so so beautiful.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

For some reason Best of My Love and New Kid in Town are my favorite "oldie" Eagle's songs. There are newer ones that I like but I keep going back to those two when I play their CDs.

Lighthouse, you’re probably responding to genuine emotion. “Ahhhh, Sprinsteen is coming to dethrone us. Run for your lives!”

Not that this has any relevance whatsoever, but I wish long hair would return to prominence. Glenn really had fabulous hair.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I also agree that Glenn's vocals in New Kid In Town are extraordinary. As much as I like Don's line that ABM mentioned, for me, nothing beats ...

"You look in her eyes, the music begins to play
    hopeless romantics, here we go again.
    But after a while you're lookin' the other way
    it's those restless hearts that never mend."

Every single time I hear Glenn sing those lines, it moves me - my mind wanders to those incredible places.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I feel the same way, Dreamer. I often go to those "incredible places" when I am listening to Glenn sing .

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I just want to add a little something here about NKIT--- for me anyways, it is one of those songs I tend to forget about for one reason or another. I really really like it but I seem to overlook it a lot. Then when it plays on the ipod or I hear it on the radio, I think to myself how great a song it is and how much I really really like Glenn's voice in it. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I heard it yesterday. Now that it has been dropped, it really seems to have slipped out of many fans' consciousness. It remains my second favourite Eagles song of all time. This is not just bias. The whole construction of it with the organ and harmonies is brilliant. The Spanish feel of it is perfect after the title track.

My favourite part of it is 'I don't wanna hear it ah-oooh' which probably will surprise nobody.

Freypower- “it has been dropped”? As in, from the set list? If so... whoa! Who authorized that?!

…and just for the record, I was merely expressing irritation regarding their current renditions of NKIT, not attempting to detract from the brilliance of the Frey vocal performance. One particular portion of a song receiving the “favorite” notation does not equate it receiving a concurrent accolade as “the best.”