Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inquiries for Longtime Concertgoers...

Default Re: Inquiries for Longtime Concertgoers...

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning
    Freypower- “it has been dropped”? As in, from the set list? If so... whoa! Who authorized that?!

This is just speculation, but perhaps NKIT was a bit of a vocal strain to sing every night.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    Freypower- “it has been dropped”? As in, from the set list? If so... whoa! Who authorized that?!

…and just for the record, I was merely expressing irritation regarding their current renditions of NKIT, not attempting to detract from the brilliance of the Frey vocal performance. One particular portion of a song receiving the “favorite” notation does not equate it receiving a concurrent accolade as “the best.”
    They haven't played it since at least 2007 (possibly earlier). And the person who dropped it was Glenn Frey, who also dropped Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone, which he also sings.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah! Pity so much of Glenn stuff has gone. I regret that I've only seen him do AG, TS, NKIT and YBTTC once. What I wouldn't give to see a Glenn solo concert some time. (soon??)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Regarding the third verse to Tequila Sunrise: I can tell you that the song was performed with all verses (including "go to Mexico") by the Eagles at Holy Cross University on November 11, 1973. I have a recording of this show.

Someone has mistakenly reported that the verse was written and performed for HFO, which is not the case. I don't know why they dropped the verse for the Desperado album and subsequent performances prior to HFO.

Maybe it was to shorten the song. I'm an old recording engineer from the era of vinyl, and we had to be careful with the time-length of sides. The longer a side ran, the narrower you had to preset for the the grooves made by the cutterhead, resulting in less volume and low-end. It wasn't unusual to edit a few seconds out of songs to get the overall time of a side down.

Thanks mopro, and welcome! Cool that you got to see them so early. I always wondered why they didn't include that verse of TS on the album. Your theory is one I hadn't considered before, but it makes sense.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

This is just speculation, but perhaps NKIT was a bit of a vocal strain to sing every night.
    Just got to say I love your avatar, Soda!

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html

me too!

I just love that shirt.

Border Troubadour

Might be worth adding, the third verse of TS also features in the Netherlands 1973 gig on my new best friend the Earlybirds DVD - the same one the How Long video was taken from (that they reference in the HOTE doc). It's quite a nice rendition actually: Don, Glenn and Bernie all on acoustic guitars (no mandolin or electric) and at some points it is just almost Glenn singing on his own too. I don't actually know what Randy does on it - you can't hear any bass whatsoever, so perhaps he was on acoustic too?

Out on the Border

Hi not been able to get on here for a while due to phone probs no change there lol hope you all had a great Christmas and new year ,sorry if this is posted in the wrong place
    but could anyone tell me eagles' complete setlist for the June 75 Wembley midsummer madness festival? I know they did 15 songs and i know four of those were take it easy best of my love one of these nights and too many hands but could anyone tell me the other 11 please would really appreciate it

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeToTheLimit View Post
    Hi not been able to get on here for a while due to phone probs no change there lol hope you all had a great Christmas and new year ,sorry if this is posted in the wrong place
    but could anyone tell me eagles' complete setlist for the June 75 Wembley midsummer madness festival? I know they did 15 songs and i know four of those were take it easy best of my love one of these nights and too many hands but could anyone tell me the other 11 please would really appreciate it
    Setlist.fm doesn't have the setlist for that specific show but the link will show you other setlists from 1975 so imagine the Wembley one was similar: http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=e...rtist=6bd6bede
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.