Well, Carla (Stars) called, as promised, today. Unfortunately I was at my sister's place overnight and didn't have reception there, but I phoned her back a couple of hours ago and we had a long chat. It was so great to talk to her! She's so lovely and her enthusiasm was contagious. She just wanted me to let you know that she had a FANTASTIC time. She's still going to be in Scotland for the next 9 days, so she won't be able to do a review until she gets back to the States. She's missing The Border! As for the show... the guys were in their casual gear and looked amazing. It sounds like Don was wearing his Belfast outfit (hey, I'm not gonna complain!) and Glenn apparently had a black jacket on, which at one point he went to remove, then decided against it. Such a tease

Apparently they were in great spirits, and Carla commented on how animated Don was, getting the audience to sing along during The Long Run, and wandering to each corner of the stage at the end, blowing kisses and waving. She said the crowd was so into it and the weather was perfect. She wore her Rolling Stone t-shirt (yep, the one with sexy half-naked Eagles on it!) and apparently got chatting to some guy who was sat behind her, wearing the exact same t-shirt. He was Scottish but living in Florida, and had come back for the show! Cool, huh?

The only 'downside' to the night was that the show was shorter, therefore a few songs were cut out. Notably, Somebody, Waiting In The Weeds, and Long Road Out Of Eden. The reason was that there was a 10pm curfew at the venue, and also that Paul Carrack was supporting them, so he took the stage from 7 'til 8pm. Carla was thrilled by this because she used to be a fan and saw him perform years ago - it was a total surprise. So that kind of made up for the shorter show.

That's about all I can remember from the phonecall, but I'm sure Carla will fill you in when she gets home! Just rest assured that the guys were on top form, the weather was perfect, and the audience lapped it up. Oh, and she may have mentioned how incredible the jeans look once or twice...