Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Glasgow, 4th July 2009

Default Re: Glasgow, 4th July 2009

well they come back evey tour to scotland england and ireland. so im guessing they do like us or they wouldnt come back every tour. so im guessing they do like these 3 places why they come back every time. and im glad also cause i want more eagles to.

Back from Scotland, and what a wonderful trip, with the Eagles concert certainly being a huge highlight!
    A GREAT BIG thanks to Lou for her wonderful report on the Glasgow show after our phone conversation. Lou, it was fantastic to speak with you, and I'm so glad we had a chance to share our concert experiences! I was so excited to hear about your time at the Birmingham concert, and to know it was so special. Glad to hear that your mum enjoyed it too!
    As for Glasgow, it was an out of the world experience for me. I went by myself, as hubby said he had had enough, after seeing them in Washington, DC in November. So he dropped me off at Hampden Park, which was absolutely HUGE. I have never been to such an immense venue for a concert!
    I had heard that there was an opening act, but had no idea who it was. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be Paul Carrack, who is a great favorite of mine. The last time I saw him was in 1989, when he was with Mike and the Mechanics! I have always loved his voice, and I recognized so many of the songs he sang. It was such a treat and a great surprise for me to see him again.
    When the Eagles came on, I was out of my mind with excitement to see them in their jeans! Glenn had on a Notre Dame sweatshirt under a black jacket, and I kept wondering if Notre Dame had some significance for him. They all seemed very happy, at ease, and there were lots of smiles and laughs. I think they just loved the Glasgow crowd, and the crowd obviously loved them. From where I was sitting, I could see people dancing in the aisles, and one lad took off his shirt and danced with everyone around him! Of course the security weren't too happy, and were constantly going up and down the aisle asking people to sit down. I was sitting all the way over on the left hand side, past the stage, so I mainly watched the screen. I saw lots of people near me taking pics off the screen with their phones, so I took out my camera and began trying to take pics. As soon as I did, I was accosted by security, telling me no videos were allowed! I told him I was taking still pictures, and I continued to take a few. Next time my son is home, I will ask him to help me put them on, as some came out pretty well.
    I was sitting near someone who was wearing the same shirt as I was-the Rolling stone one with our guys sitting around barechested, from 1979! I was so surprised to see someone with the same shirt, I went up and told him I liked his shirt, and when he saw mine, he gave me a big hug! He told me he had been visiting Florida, and found it in a Walmart. He couldn't resist buying it!
    I have to stop now, as I told hubby I would visit him at lunch time. More later!

Welcome back Stars! So exciting to hear about your concert!

I'm sure TBF will have something to say about the Notre Dame shirt!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome back Stars!!!!! So happy to hear about the concert. Can't wait to hear more and about the whole trip.

PM --ya know me pretty good don't ya? Not the first time Mr Frey has sported a Notre Dame shirt....

He sings it high, he plays it low

Ah, Glenn rockin' the Notre Dame shirt and jeans once more! He does wear 'em well.

Stars, thanks for posting Part 1. I eagerly await Part 2!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Me too !

Stars, thank you for telling us your concert impressions, canīt wait to hear more!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

First off, thank you to PM and TBF for the warm welcome back! As Lou mentioned, I sure missed the Border while we were away. I so wanted to report my thoughts to all of you right after the concert, but I didn't have computer access. Lou did a fabulous job relaying my experiences to you!
    TBF, thanks for posting the pic of Glenn in his Notre Dame shirt! The one he wore in Glasgow was a different one. He did start to take his jacket off at one time, but then thought better of it and put it back on! I think the one he was wearing was a long sleeved sweatshirt.
    Soda, GL and Koala, you are most welcome for your thanks to me for posting part one.
    Here goes part two!
    I wish I had taken notes, but I was a bit anxious to find my hubby after the show, so I left right after it ended. However, I do have some memories that I am sure will be with me forever!
    One of the great highlights for me was "The Long Run". I remember right before it started, Don mentioned that it was the band's "theme song", and he would appreciate it if everyone sang along! I didn't remember him saying this at any of the concerts I attended back in November, and it was wonderful to hear the crowd singing along with this fantastic song. Don was having a ball singing it, and you could tell he appreciated the Glasgow crowd's reaction!
    At the beginning of the concert, I remember Glenn saying how happy he was to be in Glasgow, and that the band had been around since the "Dead Sea was young"- I never remember hearing him say that, and the audience got a good laugh out of it, including me!
    Lou mentioned how during the Birmingham show, Joe tore through a box of tissues, scattering them all over the stage. He did the same thing in Glasgow! He is quite the rascal, and seemed to be really enjoying himself!
    As for Tim, he was in great voice, and seemed very relaxed. Of course, like the others, he looked great in his jeans! I looked back at the Dublin pics, and Don was wearing the same outfit in Glasgow!
    "Lyin' Eyes" was a great highlight of the show, not only for me, but for the entire crowd. Everyone seemed to be singing along, and they really seemed to get into the show even more at this point.
    Our show was shortened, since there was a curfew in Glasgow. The guys had to cut the acoustic set, and also "Somebody". I was sorry to miss "Somebody" and "Waiting in the Weeds", as those were two songs I had really enjoyed hearing live. However, I wasn't too disappointed, as the guys gave their all, and it was truly a fantastic show, and a very memorable experience, being in Glasgow amid all those rabid fans!
    After the show ended, the guys went to all sides of the stage, waving and blowing kisses. They seemed to stay for a long time. I was watching all of this on the screen, as I was way off to the left of the stage, and had trouble seeing them actually on stage. However, there was an extension to the stage over where I was, and Don actually walked over to the extension, and waved and blew kisses to our little group! I was so stunned when he did this, that I just stood where I was, waving madly! Had I been able to move, I would have run up to the railing and tried to get some pictures. I was quite touched that he would take the time to walk all the way over to where we were, as it was a distance from the actual stage, and wasn't used during the concert.
    After the show ended, it took me a while to actually get out of the arena-as I said, it was IMMENSE!! It seemed that everyone was walking the opposite direction to me, and it took a long time to actually find the meeting place and link up with Mike. He told me had been waiting in a supermarket parking lot, several blocks away, and could hear the concert very clearly. He heard "Take it Easy", missed "Rocky Mountain Way", as he went inside the store! He came out in time to catch "Desperado", and he told me he knew that was his clue to hightail it over to the arena. He did remember that was the last song in DC, and it was also, of course, the end to the concert in Glasgow. I do remember Don put on a hooded sweatshirt at the end, when he sang "Desperado". I wish I had gotten a picture of that, but hopefully it will show up somewhere. As I said, I will ask my son to help put my pictures on when he comes home to visit. I didn't take a lot, but some did turn out quite well.
    To sum things up, I had a fabulous time, and wouldn't have missed it for the world! Our guys are certainly worth traveling three thousand miles to see!!

I forgot to mention Don's stubbly look, although I did tell Lou about it, and she posted about it! I only noticed it cause I watched the screen, and it's a look I love!

Thanks for Part two!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)