Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Glasgow, 4th July 2009

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Glasgow, 4th July 2009

Thanks Stars! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and the guys were in great form. Sorry they had to cut some songs. Bummer!

Can't wait to see the pic and welcome back!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Stars --sounds like quite the experience for you. Not many of us can say that we have seen the Eagles outside of our native country (a few exceptions here I know). Thanks so much for letting us share it with you.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

How terrific that Don came over to where you were and waved! Sounds like the guys were in top form. A night to remember!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stars, we've missed you on the board and are so glad you're home and had a great trip! Your concert sounds terrific. What's up with Joe and the kleenex? Was he pretending to cry?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Koala, you are very welcome for part two-can't wait to hear all about your concert experience!!
    You are very welcome, Brooke, and thanks for the warm welcome back! I was sorry they had to cut some songs, too, but it was such a fantastic concert, I really can't be too upset about it-and of course they looked so great!! My son should be visiting next week sometime, so I'll make sure to have him help me get some pics up. They are from the screen, but still seemed to turn out ok.
    You are very welcome, TBF. I loved sharing it with all of you-I am so glad I was able to speak with Lou so soon after the concert, so I didn't forget anything!
    I feel so lucky to have been able to see them in another country, and see how much the fans there love them too.
    Soda, I can't seem to stop thinking about Don coming by our section and waving. It was a distance for him to come, and I was quite shocked to see him there. I just wish I had been able to move over to the rail and get a quick pic! And yes, the guys were in top form, and it was definitely a night to remember!
    PM, I have missed all of you on the board too-it is great to be back! Actually, Joe wasn't pretending to cry. He had a very intense look on his face, and he just was madly grabbing tissues from the box and throwing them all over the stage. I was laughing at his antics, as I thought it was a typical Joe thing to do! He always brings a smile to my face. I remember when I saw the Eagles in Hershey, back in November, there was a young couple standing next to me, just screaming for Joe. I joined in, and they seemed to appreciate my enthusiasm!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Carla, sounds like you had a wonderful night. Hopefully there will be many more to come and you will indeed see 'SomeBody' and 'WITW' love some night. Your hubby sounds a gem! They all are, having to put up with all of us and our Eagle love. Can't wait to see the pictures!!.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Great review, Stars! I'm so glad you & Lou had such a terrific time!

Loved the review, Carla. It's so great that you got to see the guys in another country. Although I'm incredibly happy for you, I have to admit to being a little of you for getting to see the guys in their casual wear. You lucky girl!!! I would LOVE to see them in jeans.

It's great to have you back safe and sound. Can't wait to see the pics.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stars, I was listening to the Eagles--Their Greatest Hits CD in the car tonight, and I got very nostalgic...and that you had the great fortune to see them in their very HSG jeans and casual shirts! You lucky girl! I'm so sure it was a treat to see that whole concert in a whole new light!! I can't wait to see the pix!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Carla, I'm playing catch-up here on the board, so first of all, a belated welcome back. We've missed you, but I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. I am also very . I have actually never been to Europe, so one of my hopes is to plan an extended trip over there the next time the guys tour. After reading your awesome review, you have inspired me to try even harder to make it happen.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016