Page 167 of 175 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

I am not the world's biggest Billy Joel fan (far from it actually lol), but this kinda blew me away as being far better than I thought it was going to be.

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks, WF. I appreciate that he was still doing this, not just immediately after Glenn's passing. Also, how the audience was into it and singing along, even though it was far from a Billy Joel number. You can't deny a great song!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - It's hard to mess that song up. Of course, no one can top the original version. Thanks for finding that, Austin.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

At 4:34, someone sings "I don't wanna hear it" behind Glenn's "ooo." It's not very audible, but it's there. I only heard it today and wonder who could be singing. It kind of sounds like Joe, but I can't be sure.

https://youtu.be/MebToM-tG0o?t=274

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm afraid I can't help out because my hearing is not as great as it once was, but thanks for posting anyway.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Here’s some long run footage , enjoy. Please subscribe I’ll try to post more rare footage if YouTube allows it.

enjoy. https://youtu.be/JSINje59PNA

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    Here’s some long run footage , enjoy. Please subscribe I’ll try to post more rare footage if YouTube allows it.

enjoy. https://youtu.be/JSINje59PNA
    So Joe actually did use a double neck live on "In the City."

It's funny that only one fan they found even knew the names of some of the Eagles, apparently. I wonder what the results of a similar poll at any given Eagles concert today would be.

The concert cost $13, which is $42 adjusted for inflation.

Edward, I remember that there were some collectors on YouTube who kept making fun of you for posting footage. Not sure exactly what the deal there was, but this stuff is pretty cool to see. I keep hoping that live '70s footage or taped audio of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" with the Hotel California or Long Run lineup will surface. Sometimes I wonder if the Eagles ever did that song from the time Bernie left until 1980 because it's the only song that I've never heard any audio evidence of live from that era.

I have a couple more news stories of the eagles from the 70s and 90s. Let’s just say I have some clips of some rare songs. Keep an eye out on YouTube. You’ll see a special song posted.

Quote Originally Posted by thebagels View Post
    So Joe actually did use a double neck live on "In the City."

It's funny that only one fan they found even knew the names of some of the Eagles, apparently. I wonder what the results of a similar poll at any given Eagles concert today would be.

The concert cost $13, which is $42 adjusted for inflation.

Edward, I remember that there were some collectors on YouTube who kept making fun of you for posting footage. Not sure exactly what the deal there was, but this stuff is pretty cool to see. I keep hoping that live '70s footage or taped audio of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" with the Hotel California or Long Run lineup will surface. Sometimes I wonder if the Eagles ever did that song from the time Bernie left until 1980 because it's the only song that I've never heard any audio evidence of live from that era.

and to answer your question, they never performed peaceful easy feeling after Bernie left, although they began performing it only in 1996, which included Timothy, Joe , Felder, henley, and Glenn. Have you seen it?

I think PEF was done acoustically during the HFO period, at least once as on the HFO bootleg.

I think they really started performing it like the record after Steuart Smith, a capable country guitarist joined the band. While Joe could cop the Take It Easy solo, to try to imitate Bernie's countriest moment IMO, and have to either learn to use a B Bender or imitate one, was something Joe couldn't do and either Felder couldn't or was unwilling to do. Steuart doesn't use a B Bender either, but he does imitate one wonderfully as seen on F1 DVD or any Eagles show since SS joined. Steuart was closer to Bernie in style than Joe or Felder. Steuart was more versatile than Bernie in the rock genre, however. Then again, I'd argue Smith is the most versatile the Eagles have had. It makes sense that he's a session musician with a range of artists he's played on. Felder would be 2nd most versatile. Where as I feel Bernie is mostly country style and Joe being mostly rock style.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."