Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I mean I'm sure he's physically okay, but it seems like someone has figuratively twisted his arm into doing this. I mean he hates Google, who owns YouTube. It seems so very not Don. Either his kids and Deacon have modernized him a bit (unlikely), or Irving and the real powers that be have told him that views = ad revenue and that is money to be made (likely). I doubt he's modernized - he recently chastised someone at an Eagles 3.0 concert for having a phone out recording only to find out he was wrong but it was a little too late to take back the public embarrassment and shame that person felt. I think Don has learned the money to be made with AdSense ad revenue on the "new" tube.

Yikes about that incident with the concert goer, and yeah I'm pretty sure it was the record company's idea and they usually have the final say.

Stuck on the Border

I was on you tube watching some Eagles videos and I discovered a site called "Reaction to the Eagles singing..........".
    Anyway, it was interesting and quite honestly, shocking to see the number of young kids who had NEVER heard of the Eagles. Mostly Gen Z and Mills. who do those you tube sites and they are usually blown away by how amazing they sound. Also, and this was a surprise to me, they are shocked that a drummer is the lead singer on HC. I never found it shocking about drummers singing. Probably because due to watching all those Midnight Special and DK shows on tv back in the 70's. They also picked up on the "reggae" sound of HC, which I found interesting.
    It was interesting to see their reaction to the numerous songs they posted on their site(all from the 60's & 70's). Anyhow, you all should check the site out when you get the chance. I think everyone would enjoy it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

NKIT - Thanks so much for calling attention to this. I would probably have never been aware of these YouTube channels otherwise. Anyway, I just spent over two hours listening to reactions on several different Eagles songs by different 'young' YouTubers and agree with you that it was totally entertaining. I would highly recommend everyone checking these out when you get some time. There are a bunch of 'reaction' videos, so I finally had to force myself to stop, but I'm definitely going to go back and watch some more of them I get a chance. As NKIT said, all you have to do is type "Reaction to the Eagles singing [song name]" in the search bar to find them. I started with Hotel California and watched two reactions by 1) Asia and BJ and 2) a young lady with the first name of Rebeka. Then, I typed in Take It Easy and listened to reactions by the same two commentators. I listened to a few others reactions on several other songs too before I forced myself off. Anyway, it was addictive so I have a lot more watching to do.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I have to confess that this "reaction" culture isn't my thing. 😅

I am torn on reaction videos.

I like the fact they are discovering this music and music like it. The fact there are young people doing that puts a smile on my face. I think that's awesome. I hope they genuinely like it and are the flag wavers of this stuff going into the next generation and after that and so on and so forth. We need that. This music is awesome. And I feel the same way about film, the arts, and even things like retro video games, vinyl records, VHS tapes, or other forms of what people call nostalgia. We need that stuff to live on.

But IMO there is something kind of self important or feeling the need to make your opinion on something known publicly, have it go viral, and then know that everyone knows how you feel on something and you've tied your 15 seconds of fame to someone else's famous work and all you contributed was "this is good, this is bad, etc" and because of the success of the thing you are reacting to, you are given attention/ad revenue money/etc you wouldn't have otherwise got without that famous work you are commenting on and featuring. To me it's like the people who film or livestream themselves doing charitable deeds like giving money to a homeless person or walking around Walmart and giving random people 100 dollars. Yes, those people greatly benefitted from you doing that regardless of your true motive, but you didn't do it IMO with the best of intentions AND you did it for one of two things for yourself - pats on the back telling you how great of a person you are because you are an insecure narcissist OR the views and the ad money or followers/comments/likes gained from having the video go viral. It's tacky. I've always felt people who fish for compliments and attention the most are the least deserving of either and those who shout from the rooftops about their charitable donations and make it public for all to see are the people who do it for the wrong reasons and honestly it's pretty lame. Ask yourself if you'd still do it if no one else ever knew about it and you would get 0 praise for doing it. If so, then do it! If not, work on your own self-esteem.

I'll get off my soapbox...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I'm not convinced that these "reactions" are real and heartfelt. I feel they're just entertainment. If these people actually start listening to the music they "like" in these videos, that IS great. But I'm afraid the songs are forgotten when the camera's on again and the next "reaction" awaits.

Stuck on the Border

Hi Chaim & Austin - I stumbled across those "Reaction" videos by accident. Some of the reactors seem like they really like the music others seem matter fact about what they are listening to. I think of it as mindless entertainment. They are fun to listen to though.
    Hope all is well with the both of you.

I agree NKIT. I think it is just made for entertainment and not really trying to show a real reaction to discovering something new. It's a very popular YouTube and TikTok trend/meme. I think of them as just being for clicks because people want to watch something featuring something popular and use that to get people to follow them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi Chaim & Austin - I stumbled across those "Reaction" videos by accident. Some of the reactors seem like they really like the music others seem matter fact about what they are listening to. I think of it as mindless entertainment. They are fun to listen to though.
    Hope all is well with the both of you.
    ITA with this NKIT. I have a serious side, but sometimes I just love mindless entertainment. I guess that's why I'm such a fan of Wayne's World. Sometimes stupid is just fun.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Oh, I LOVE mindless entertainment!😅 Yeah, if you watch those reaction videos for entertainment, they probably can be fun. In the times of "reality shows" one always has to be aware that everything is not as "real" as it pretends to be.