Page 105 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    JUST A THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, for some reason since 2001 he has sung the song with a hand mic. In my view if he wants to do this he should save it for solo shows, but after this length of time he won't change it. It gives him a chance to come down the front, I suppose, and be the 'frontman' that Glenn normally is. It allows him to interact with Joe a bit. It has never appealed to me, but I don't particularly like the song either.

The reality is there are other Eagles songs now where he no longer plays drums; Heartache Tonight being the major recent example, and sadly also Life In The Fast Lane, but he plays guitar on those songs.
    What was the state of play before 2001? I can kind of understand why he did it for F1 (first song, perhaps getting a feel for the crowd or atmosphere, all four of them together etc) but it seems odd that he can multitask so well for stuff like OOTN and HC but seemingly passes on things like TITTL and The Long Run...

Of course he now does Tequila Sunrise on drums for the first time I think since the Desperado era, and there's new songs like Witchy Woman, D-D (and Reprise) and PMAIAR that he drums for. It's a very weird and inconsistent approach, but if it keeps him in shape enough to carry on then I don't mind.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    What was the state of play before 2001? I can kind of understand why he did it for F1 (first song, perhaps getting a feel for the crowd or atmosphere, all four of them together etc) but it seems odd that he can multitask so well for stuff like OOTN and HC but seemingly passes on things like TITTL and The Long Run...

Of course he now does Tequila Sunrise on drums for the first time I think since the Desperado era, and there's new songs like Witchy Woman, D-D (and Reprise) and PMAIAR that he drums for. It's a very weird and inconsistent approach, but if it keeps him in shape enough to carry on then I don't mind.
    They had not been playing the song before they fired Felder. They did not play it on the HFO tour (which I saw). They hadn't played it since they presumably played it after it was released, when he would have played drums. Then when they started playing it they did Seven Bridges Road where they all had hand mics, & then Don kept his mic & stayed down the front & sang The Long Run.

I think your second paragraph sums it up well, It's good to see him playing drums again on other songs. Regarding TITTL I think he prefers to be with the others for that song to do the harmonies; I don't know.

I actually like his performance of The Long Run. I love the bit with Joe on the "couldn't hold a candle to you" bit and I like the song. It's pretty much their theme song still after all of these years. I love the slide guitar (moreso than on Heartache Tonight) and I just like the upbeat vibe about it. I like how Don moves around a bit on the song rather than being a statue like they are for most of the set.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I think that's what I like about The Long Run too. He interacts with Joe (Couldn't hold a candle to you) and even Glenn when he sings "kinda bent, but we ain't breaking." I love when he does the talking hand signal when he sings "People talking about us. They got nothing else to do."

I like when Don interacts with the band when he's up front. When you stuck behind the drums, you don't interact with your bandmates. Now I like Don behind the drums. Don't get me wrong. That's where he's more comfortable at even when he's up front more.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is live video of I Don't Want to Hear Anymore. I had never seen it. The guys are lookin' and soundin' great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUc7KvB40c

Stuck on the Border

I saw them do it in 2010. That is what I will miss about the upcoming tour; no LROOE songs. I am just glad I got to see them.

Same here. How I wish even just one LROOE song would make the setlist for HOTE!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Here is live video of I Don't Want to Hear Anymore. I had never seen it. The guys are lookin' and soundin' great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NUc7KvB40c
    Thanks for posting the video, Mary. Timothy sounds and looks great! He has such a wonderful voice! I think that Don H. and Glenn should have let him sing lead on more songs.

Stuck on the Border

This is Jack Tempchin fairly recently. There's quite a lot of chat about songs for the Eagles and Glenn so I'm putting it here. He still sounds so fresh and I love his 1 minute songs.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1WxE81cjA[/ame]