Page 111 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Banned

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

If they're on sale at Amazon and Walmart, is there any possibility that the Eagles pirate dvds are now legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If they're on sale at Amazon and Walmart, is there any possibility that the Eagles pirate dvds are now legit?
    I don't think so, especially because of the Eagles strict quality control.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Here's a couple of tracks DJ. I think they're are all on Youtube somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCKw0W9zUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXC1sIjWT8

Glenn's kids pointed "How Long" out to Glenn, which lead to iy being included on Long Road Out Of Eden.

If I may say to anybody contemplating buying pirate dvds, and I've bought loads in the past, please realize that you're money is going to crooks. Better to download off Youtube, unless you think they're crooks too.
    You can download stuff off YouTube? I didn't know.

I wish the Eagles would open up their vaults and release some things. The early 70's clip of "How Long" that was briefly shown in HOTE, that from the Netherlands, right? They were able to brighten up the footage wonderfully, which is so dark in the unofficial version.

An official release of the BBC show would be cause for celebration.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    You can download stuff off YouTube? I didn't know.
    I thought it'd be really involved and complicated but I kinda found out by accident. I was trying out some obscure browsers and while viewing something on YouTube the Baidu Browser popped up "Would you like to download this video?" with a yes/no option.

If Baidu can do it, Firefox, Chrome & Opera etc must be able to do it too... or you can always ask Google how it's done.

I wish the Eagles would open up their vaults and release some things. The early 70's clip of "How Long" that was briefly shown in HOTE, that from the Netherlands, right? They were able to brighten up the footage wonderfully, which is so dark in the unofficial version.

An official release of the BBC show would be cause for celebration.
    Well the History Of The Eagles documentary has been an undoubted success. Irving says it's been far more beneficial to the Eagles than a new CD could be so, at this point, I'd say another dvd is more likely than a new CD.

Bob Harris. of The Old Grey Whistle Test TV show fame, did say it can be a nightmare trying to find the owners of the copyrights to gain permission to broadcast/distribute old film but that was before the internet age, so things should be easier now.

Stuck on the Border

I read something from around 2001 which said they had plans to release archive material recorded in 1976 and 1980. I think we've seen the 1976/7 footage but did they also film in 1980? Perhaps when they recorded the audio for the Live album?

You don't even need a new browser to download off of youtube. I've been doing it for years with Youtube Downloader.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I read something from around 2001 which said they had plans to release archive material recorded in 1976 and 1980. I think we've seen the 1976/7 footage but did they also film in 1980? Perhaps when they recorded the audio for the Live album?

yes, the 2001 statement, that announced the exit of Don Felder, had a whole stack of stuff they planned to do in the future. I thought the object of the exercise was just to dispel any rumours that the Eagles, after a few quiet, post HFO years, may be quitting.

Border Troubadour

I do wonder where the clip of Glenn introducing TBS (in Texas somewhere) on The Long Run tour came from...

And yes, I wish the guys would release some more official videos. They sat on the HOTE extra DVD footage for almost four decades with no mention of it at all (Felder alluded to it in H&H mind), so I guess anything is possible!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I read something from around 2001 which said they had plans to release archive material recorded in 1976 and 1980. I think we've seen the 1976/7 footage ...
    I wonder if that 1977 concert [included in the HOTE package] is complete though - it seems short. Weren't their shows at least 2.5 hours back in the day (and still).

Led Zeppelin have done a brilliant job in restoring and enhancing bootleg film and audio, and incorporating it into official product. The Eagles, by comparison to other groups I follow, don't seem to have the same zeal for re-issues and remasters. It's too bad really. And it's not like Azoff to miss lucrative opportunities, or so we're told.

Thank you, kind people, for the tips on downloading YouTube stuff. I live in darkness and ignorance when it comes to technology

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I wonder if that 1977 concert [included in the HOTE package] is complete though - it seems short. Weren't their shows at least 2.5 hours back in the day (and still).
    NMB, a man that used to work for me was at one of the two DC shows in 1977. He said they performed and filmed those songs, then left the stage. When they came back and performed more, they weren't filmed. So, I'm thinking it's all they have. I don't know what they were thinking they'd do with the material. I'm not sure what the technology was back then, either, but I do know it wasn't like today where you can put a three hour concert on two DVDs and sell it at Walmart. Perhaps eight songs was the limit of whatever they were thinking they might do with it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.