Page 154 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    Thats what i thought, until i saw this photo. Glenn with a 12 string acoustic, and bernie with his fender, it's definitely "tequila sunrise" Has anyone ever seen footage of it?
    Attachment 2541

Hmm! No, I've never seen footage of it. Interesting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

There’s the Lyin Eyes footage that was floating around 10 plus years ago. I mentioned it in a thread here. I downloaded and have it around somewhere. It was way clearer than what’s in the clip. Cool. Wonder the background of it?

That’s some rare footage. Do you know where they were performing? Thanks for the link.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

What I wouldn't give for some Long Run era high quality video footage. Heck, even standard definition if it's a full show.

Such an underrated yet trying period of time for the band. The record, the tour, all of it. I love it all. Probably my favorite Eagles lineup, even despite HC being my favorite record, The Long Run is 2nd up. There is an element to this period that while it had filler, a lot of it sounds like a lot of the industrial comedy movies I love. Sounds like it would belong on Beverly Hills Cop or Fletch or something like that. I love those movies and those soundtracks and something like Teenage Jail or would just fit it so well. That's why I love Bob Seger's "Shakedown" and all of Glenn's big hits. And Kenny Loggins, etc. Same kind of urban development vibes, for lack of a better word - lol. It just screams 80s to me, and not so much the Sunset Strip stuff although I love that so much, more of the poppier side of the 80s and more cities and skyscrapers. It's funny to think of that stuff like that... I think the 80s were so cool. To see them dogged on especially as a music era makes me sad. It's a time period I would have loved to lived through. One side of town you had Motley Crue and the other Debbie Gibson. I love it all though. I've always loved the pop infused things that most shun. Probably why I'm not known for love of deep tracks or lyrical depth.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    What I wouldn't give for some Long Run era high quality video footage. Heck, even standard definition if it's a full show.

Such an underrated yet trying period of time for the band. The record, the tour, all of it. I love it all. Probably my favorite Eagles lineup, even despite HC being my favorite record, The Long Run is 2nd up.
    Someone it sitting on that footage for sure. I cannot believe there isn’t any!!!! Jimmy Koplik (concert
    promoter/presenter for CT...was part of Yale Bowl legendary concert)has been asked repeatedly about footage from the iconic Yale Bowl concert (pic on inside of Eagles live) and he says no recording was done. It’s maddening!!! This was a huge event and not one recording?? Aaarrrghh!

I hate the saying regarding the Eagles being a terrible rock band! I don’t get it and just come to terms with there are always haters out there. As far as the 80s there is highs and lows as any decade. The one thing that annoyed me was overproduction, synthesizers overused, synth drums, and seemed to be some unwritten law that you were required to have a sax solo while all those things can work, the era, generally speaking of course, became a lil saturated. But being born in 76, I was a kid during that era and have fond memories and have quite an eclectic taste in music. Now 80s fashion is another thing......

thanks for the YouTube link edwardd19! 👍🏻

i recorded a video of it from my tablet in order to avoid copyright, but the video was terrible quality i just thought i post it, as for the yale bowl in 1980, i saw several home footage video of people who recorded clips of that concert with a 16mm camera, unfortunately every video i see is either of heart or the little river band no eagles, but there definitely is some footage of that concert, its just on a. 16 mm camera.

https://youtu.be/NJKg_E0jSr4
    some footage of eagles in 1978

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Someone it sitting on that footage for sure. I cannot believe there isn’t any!!!! Jimmy Koplik (concert
    promoter/presenter for CT...was part of Yale Bowl legendary concert)has been asked repeatedly about footage from the iconic Yale Bowl concert (pic on inside of Eagles live) and he says no recording was done. It’s maddening!!! This was a huge event and not one recording?? Aaarrrghh!

I hate the saying regarding the Eagles being a terrible rock band! I don’t get it and just come to terms with there are always haters out there. As far as the 80s there is highs and lows as any decade. The one thing that annoyed me was overproduction, synthesizers overused, synth drums, and seemed to be some unwritten law that you were required to have a sax solo while all those things can work, the era, generally speaking of course, became a lil saturated. But being born in 76, I was a kid during that era and have fond memories and have quite an eclectic taste in music. Now 80s fashion is another thing......

thanks for the YouTube link edwardd19! 👍🏻
    See, I love synthesizers! And I like the production on a lot of that stuff. Again, poppier stuff doesn't bother me so much. I don't mind the glitz and glamour and I absolutely love me some glam metal and 80s pop and soundtrack music. And I love the excess of it all. How I wish I could have been on Sunset Strip in the mid 80s! To me that's part of what made the 80s so cool. The over the top nature of it is why I like it, not in spite of it. I think that's why I loved Don Henley's first two records, but The End Of The Innocence was a little too plain for me. I love Building The Perfect Beast. It just screams 80s to me and I love it.

One of my favorite musical bits of all time is the "Axel F" theme that Harold Faltermeyer did for Beverly Hills Cop.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

https://youtu.be/NJKg_E0jSr4
    some footage of eagles in 1978
    Thanks!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger