Page 17 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I suppose its possible they'll wear suits for the first part of the gig and then change into Jeans later on (Like in the F1 dvd). I know they changed at the break in Dublin last time they played there. So we might get the more formal look earlier on and then then the casual one. Keeps everyone happy. I'm just so excited about seeing them again I don't care WHAT they wear!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I guess the truth is that I really don't mind seeing them no matter what they wear. However, I wasn't that fond of the suits they wore in the first half of the early F1 tour. I was very glad when they went back to all casual in the California and European legs of the tour.

And thanks for the HC link, Katherine. And I totally agree with you - HC and suits and ties just don't go together.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great! Good shots of Joe there. Don is a little fuzzy behind the cymbals! I really prefer my rock stars in jeans, too, but the suits are ok once in a while! Thanks for that kat!

I don't think HC or LITFL are suit songs either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

The mystery is solved then

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Okay - I'm very excited - the mystery is solved. A site visitor has informed us that the Eagles performed a rehearsal for the upcoming tour at the L.A. Forum on Sunday night and provided this link:

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/f13/e...ght-75008.html

The video must be from that. I hope they aren't planning on wearing those suits on tour. I want my rock stars in JEANS!
    Well, I'm not sure what to think of this guy's review. It wasn't exactly stellar Timmy was the weakest of the bunch , Don and Joe had to work hard on their voices Only Glenn's singing got the 'thumbs up' from him. I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Okay - I'm very excited - the mystery is solved. A site visitor has informed us that the Eagles performed a rehearsal for the upcoming tour at the L.A. Forum on Sunday night and provided this link:

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/f13/e...ght-75008.html

The video must be from that. I hope they aren't planning on wearing those suits on tour. I want my rock stars in JEANS!
    Well, I'm not sure what to think of this guy's review. It wasn't exactly stellar Timmy was the weakest of the bunch , Don and Joe had to work hard on their voices Only Glenn's singing got the 'thumbs up' from him. I don't know?
    I didn't trust his review either. I found his critique of their voices to be very questionable. Unless Don is not feeling well, it never seems like he has to "work hard" on his voice. There are some other - more positive - reviews that can be found if you click on some of those linkbacks at the bottom of that page. I'm not sure what the protocol is here about linking to other fan sites, but some of the comments can be found on another Eagles fan site.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Sorry I've been scarce, folks - visiting my parents right now over spring break. Anyway, this is very cool. I guess they're going for the Monkees thing with the matching outfits.

I wonder if this is reflective of the final setlist? I can't imagine them doing a show without Take It Easy. They have never in their history as a band played a public concert without doing that song (except for this dress rehearsal, obviously). I would be very surprised if they dropped it - but hey - I've been surprised before! I can't pretend to know what informs their decision-making process regarding setlists at this point.

I can't wait to hear what they do in London - if they do more, or if this is really it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The setlist may have been pared down due to them starting an hour late. Also, they really don't need to practice TIE or Desperado. It sounds like they wanted to run thru the new stuff (songs and stage) and perhaps the "oldies" that were done were kinda thrown in to round out the evening. It's hard to imagine the set being shortened this way. If Sammy Hagar can still play a three hour show with Michael Anthony only taking lead on a handful of songs surely our Eagles can too.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Anyway, this is very cool. I guess they're going for the Monkees thing with the matching outfits.

Hey, the first band I loved with was the Monkees! I still think Davy Jones, my first crush, is pretty cute.

I like the guys in the black suits. I think it would be great if they wore them the first part of the show, as suggested above, and then changed into jeans. (But no plaid shirts! )

Sorry I've been scarce, folks - visiting my parents right now over spring break. Anyway, this is very cool. I guess they're going for the Monkees thing with the matching outfits. .
    Hmmm... my first thought was early-Beatles:

But, yeah, I guess the Monkees comparison could work too:

I wonder if this is reflective of the final setlist? I can't imagine them doing a show without Take It Easy. They have never in their history as a band played a public concert without doing that song (except for this dress rehearsal, obviously). I would be very surprised if they dropped it - but hey - I've been surprised before! I can't pretend to know what informs their decision-making process regarding setlists at this point..
    I'm with you there, Soda. I can't believe they'd leave out TIE or Desperado. But PLS's theories make sense. Also, I saw a posting where someone was speculating that they may have been planning on doing a second encore. This person said that the house lights stayed off for a while, but the crowd started leaving. It would make sense to have those two songs as the second encore songs, so maybe that is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I like the guys in the black suits. I think it would be great if they wore them the first part of the show, as suggested above, and then changed into jeans. (But no plaid shirts!)
    More plaid shirts, more plaid shirts, more plaid shirts!! I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, DF!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."