Page 18 of 175 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Thanks for the links to those videos and the site with the setlist. I really, really hope they don't drop TIE and Desperado. I think the UK fans will be expecting at least half to be old favourites, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of tracks off LROOE. Only a week to go before we find out!!!

Katherine, nice pictures! Both Paul McCartney and Davy Jones were schoolgirl crushes of mine!

In the process of looking at YouTube I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgeK_IB2M1o

It cuts off at the end, but I haven't seen it before. Steuart's guitar work is superb.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I haven't had a chance to watch the videos for which links have been posted (YouTube is SO slow!), but I've downloaded the videos, so I'll try and watch them when I have time. Thank you all for posting the links.

Dreamer, thanks for posting the link to the LA Forum rehearsal review. I wouldn't take his words to heart, though. It's his opinion regarding whether or not Timmy was weak, or Don and Joe were trying to preserve their voices. It's great that he thought so much of Glenn's vocals, but I'm sure that they all sounded great.

Regarding the new songs that were added to that particular setlist: I'm very excited about seeing "Somebody", "Guilty Of The Crime", "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" and "Waiting In The Weeds" listed, although I must say that I was hoping to see "What Do I Do With My Heart" too. I'm glad they're still sticking with "No More Cloudy Days", as I would absolutely LOVE to see them perform that live.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Okay - I'm very excited - the mystery is solved. A site visitor has informed us that the Eagles performed a rehearsal for the upcoming tour at the L.A. Forum on Sunday night and provided this link:

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/f13/e...ght-75008.html

The video must be from that. I hope they aren't planning on wearing those suits on tour. I want my rock stars in JEANS!
    I have to differ with you here, Dreamer. I found them particularly striking wearing their suits in the first half of F1, especially Glenn (that pink and grey just DOES it for me) and Don (WOW!). I like them in the more casual gear as well - they look sexy in jeans and the loose shirts. Well, basically what I'm saying is they look pretty amazing in anything they wear, even plaid shirts! Sorry, DF!

Katherine, thanks for posting that lovely picture of The Beatles! The Monkees pic is nice too.

GEF, I'm STILL in love with Paul McCartney!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I am with those of you who are thinking that this is just a rehearsal for the new songs they want to play and threw in some of the oldies to round out the show for the crowd. I'm betting they can play the oldies in their sleep and don't really need to practice them. I just can't imagine going to an Eagles show and not hearing TIE though! I guess we'll see in about a week now! You gals that are going, be sure to get that set list written down! We will be living vicariously through you and must know ALL details!

Love those Beatles and Monkees pictures, kat! Those are great! Add me to the Paul/Davy crush list, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that this is probably not the final set list - at least I hope not. I believe that with the prices we are paying that fans deserve to see more than a two hour show. I’m really hoping that we are seeing two hour shows at special events, but the shows on the tour will be longer. However, based on comments Glenn has made, my guess is that they will scale the shows down from the F1 30 song set list. l think we will see about a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hour show with about 24 -26 songs. Of course, I am speculating about all of this, and I could be way wrong.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Good point. Those tickets are a lot of money - surely they will not have a pared down show from the usual eeeek! I'm not even going to think it.

Thanks for the Monkees pic - I was a huge fan

I love both the Eagles and the Monkees pics--thanks for posting them. I have actually been inspired to listen to Beatles music this week after watching American Idol--the contestants sang songs from the Lennon-McCartney songbook. (I understand they asked the Eagles if AI contestants could sing their songs and they turned them down--too bad. On the other hand, if they agreed and one of the contestants butchered an Eagles song, we would really hate that---so never mind!)

Now, about those black suits. I think the guys really do look handsome in them, so I hope they wear them for part of each show, and then change--hopefully into jeans. I am with dreamer--I like my rock stars in jeans.

But NO PLAID. Think about this--how many rock stars wear plaid? Seriously--plaid is NOT a fashion statement for a rock star. Plaid is what my husband wears to clean out our garage.

I will concede that Don looked very handsome in the red plaid shirt and the white cowboy hat he wore during the Hotel California tour, however. It was a very small plaid so it looked almost solid red, and he looks great in that color. And with the cowboy hat--perfect!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well by this time next week we will at least have the dress details with the set list following on. I really can't imagine them leaving out the great stalwarts like TIE and Desperado. Like MF I'd love to see them do WDIDWMH although I fear MF herself will have to keep me supplied with tissues. But I'm sure too that they will want to set standards on the first night of the LROOE tour and I am looking forward to what I'm sure will be an excellent evening of music and eye candy.

As regards their voices it was great to hear that Glenn' s is sounding as superb as ever and I'm sure the others will sound just as good. That review was only one person's opinion anyway.

Finally you know what they say about a bad dress rehersal (and I doubt it was that anyway) .......
    ......it leads to an excellent show!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I absolutely love that photo of the Beatles. The insouciance, the charisma.... .it's all there.

I've seen Glenn's grey suit (but not the silver suit, yet) but the thought of him in a black suit and tie makes me go weak at the knees. It would not bother me at all if that is what he wore for the whole show. I have seen the jeans/overshirt combo often enough.

But as for plaid, DF... two words... Neil Young (and I believe on occasion Bruce Springsteen).

I have to say it was a nice change that a reviewer commented on Glenn's voice. I've read too many reviews where his singing isn't even mentioned. I understand the bewilderment with the comments about the others' voices. I would not take it that seriously.

However it would have been nice if Glenn had sung more than two new songs. I also was half expecting that Don would play drums on LROOE (which by the way I am delighted they played). I guess you can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    But as for plaid, DF... two words... Neil Young (and I believe on occasion Bruce Springsteen).
    Neil Young can have his plaid--he is a fine musician, but his presence on stage does not make me go weak at the knees like Don does.

I'll give you Springsteen. That man is dynamite onstage.

I'm delighted they played LROOE too. I guess I am in the minority, but I actually expected them to play at least an amended version of i t, since this IS the LROOE Tour.