Page 19 of 175 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Glad you all liked the pics of the Beatles and the Monkees. I liked Davy too, but I think I had a bigger crush on Mike Nesmith. That blue knit cap just drove me wild! He was so groovy!

I guess I wouldn't mind if the guys dressed up a little (for part of the show); I just don't like the ties. They look awesome when dressed up in interviews, but onstage when they're playing HC, TIE, LITFL, BOS, LBG, that look just doesn't work for me. Don's plaid shirt over the henley shirt with the black jeans and ugly brown shoes just drives me wild - not unlike Mike Nesmith's blue knit cap come to think of it!

As for the Eagles turning down American Idol's request, I say "Thank you, Eagles!" I don't mean to offend anyone and this is just my humble opinion, but I can't stand that show and all of the hoopla surrounding it. I've been wondering if the Eagles had been approached by AI and now I know.

As for Don not playing drums on LROOE, that is too bad, but I was just glad to see that he played drums on at least 2 of the songs. My fear is that someday he's just going to decide he's had enough with the drums and quit them altogether. That'll be a dark, dark day...
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I love both the Eagles and the Monkees pics--thanks for posting them. I have actually been inspired to listen to Beatles music this week after watching American Idol--the contestants sang songs from the Lennon-McCartney songbook. (I understand they asked the Eagles if AI contestants could sing their songs and they turned them down--too bad. On the other hand, if they agreed and one of the contestants butchered an Eagles song, we would really hate that---so never mind!)

Now, about those black suits. I think the guys really do look handsome in them, so I hope they wear them for part of each show, and then change--hopefully into jeans. I am with dreamer--I like my rock stars in jeans.

But NO PLAID. Think about this--how many rock stars wear plaid? Seriously--plaid is NOT a fashion statement for a rock star. Plaid is what my husband wears to clean out our garage.
    I will concede that Don looked very handsome in the red plaid shirt and the white cowboy hat he wore during the Hotel California tour, however. It was a very small plaid so it looked almost solid red, and he looks great in that color. And with the cowboy hat--perfect!
    Highlight 1: This is interesting, DF. On our local "Idols", one of the contestants performed "Hotel California". I wasn't aware that the performers' permission was needed for their songs to be sung on the show. With the number of songs that are performed, it would take an awful long time to obtain all the performers' permission. Having said that, I wouldn't want to hear the Eagles' songs being butchered either.

Highlight 2: LOL, DF!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Well by this time next week we will at least have the dress details with the set list following on. I really can't imagine them leaving out the great stalwarts like TIE and Desperado. Like MF I'd love to see them do WDIDWMH although I fear MF herself will have to keep me supplied with tissues. But I'm sure too that they will want to set standards on the first night of the LROOE tour and I am looking forward to what I'm sure will be an excellent evening of music and eye candy.

As regards their voices it was great to hear that Glenn' s is sounding as superb as ever and I'm sure the others will sound just as good. That review was only one person's opinion anyway.

Finally you know what they say about a bad dress rehersal (and I doubt it was that anyway) .......
    ......it leads to an excellent show!!
    GA, I'm bringing along enough tissues for both of us... And if they indeed do NMCD, I will be reduced to a blubbering mess more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I absolutely love that photo of the Beatles. The insouciance, the charisma.... .it's all there.

I've seen Glenn's grey suit (but not the silver suit, yet) but the thought of him in a black suit and tie makes me go weak at the knees. It would not bother me at all if that is what he wore for the whole show. I have seen the jeans/overshirt combo often enough.

But as for plaid, DF... two words... Neil Young (and I believe on occasion Bruce Springsteen).

I have to say it was a nice change that a reviewer commented on Glenn's voice. I've read too many reviews where his singing isn't even mentioned. I understand the bewilderment with the comments about the others' voices. I would not take it that seriously.

However it would have been nice if Glenn had sung more than two new songs. I also was half expecting that Don would play drums on LROOE (which by the way I am delighted they played). I guess you can't have everything.
    Highlight 1: Hear hear, FP! I watched the "Life's Been Good" video last night, and Glenn looks stunning in the suit. WOW!

Highlight 2: I was expecting your delight at that news, FP!

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Glad you all liked the pics of the Beatles and the Monkees. I liked Davy too, but I think I had a bigger crush on Mike Nesmith. That blue knit cap just drove me wild! He was so groovy!

I guess I wouldn't mind if the guys dressed up a little (for part of the show); I just don't like the ties. They look awesome when dressed up in interviews, but onstage when they're playing HC, TIE, LITFL, BOS, LBG, that look just doesn't work for me. Don's plaid shirt over the henley shirt with the black jeans and ugly brown shoes just drives me wild - not unlike Mike Nesmith's blue knit cap come to think of it!

As for the Eagles turning down American Idol's request, I say "Thank you, Eagles!" I don't mean to offend anyone and this is just my humble opinion, but I can't stand that show and all of the hoopla surrounding it. I've been wondering if the Eagles had been approached by AI and now I know.

As for Don not playing drums on LROOE, that is too bad, but I was just glad to see that he played drums on at least 2 of the songs. My fear is that someday he's just going to decide he's had enough with the drums and quit them altogether. That'll be a dark, dark day...
    Highlighted lines: I agree with you, Katherine. It always fascinates me to see Don singing so fabulously while playing the drums, especially on "One Of These Nights".

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Highlighted lines: I agree with you, Katherine. It always fascinates me to see Don singing so fabulously while playing the drums, especially on "One Of These Nights".
    I'm with you there. A dark, dark day indeed if he quits them completely.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I made a new little video - not my best work - a bit sedate - but then again it's a sedate song, lol. I only used photos from 1972-1980 because the song is about endings and the past.

No More Walks in the Wood

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Beautiful Soda! Its a nostalgic song about times past and you have captured that essence perfectly with the older pics and the natural settings. Well done!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

While I was looking for more YouTube videos, I came across these from Verona 2006. If you can get past the big watermark across the middle of the videos, they're decent quality.

Tequila Sunrise

Walk Away

I Can't Tell You Why

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The watermark while a bit of a nuisance isn't too visible where the lighting or colour is light. All in all the quality od all of these is very good and easy to listen to. Nice find Soda!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP