Page 58 of 175 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Default Re: Eagles YouTube videos

Why is it or maybe more importantly HOW is it that I can watch this video THOUSANDS of times and NOT ONCE get tired of it?! I play the darn video once a day at least. It makes me very happy to listen to this. It's my Prozac...my therapist...my happy "place". I would give anything to transport myself back to the Hotel California tour and see several concerts. That album means so much to me. I swear, I have this very video on my computer, my iPad, my smartphone, my iPod, EVERYWHERE. I can't escape from it. It's my favorite music video of all time and of course my favorite song of all time.

I just love this video. Walsh and Felder crack me up when they play their solos in this video. I miss that. I would LOVE to get more HC tour memorabilia. I have a songbook and the CD. I've heard they have a DVD in audio if it too but I haven't got it. I need to get the tour program too.I love that album. From the cover to the music to everything. It makes me smile talking about it.

Sigh..... :hilarious" That whole album is nothing but a masterpiece. Eagles at their finest IMO. I just can't escape it. I've watched this video more times than I can count. If I had a penny for every time I hit play - I'd be rich

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72sx-AVThr8[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I feel your enthusiasm Austin, but I have a minor complaint: Glenn hardly features in it (during Hotel California itself). There is one closeup of him. When I first saw the video Felder was my favourite Eagle for fairly obvious reasons. I agree with you about his chemistry with Joe.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-04-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I feel your enthusiasm Austin, but I have a minor complaint: Glenn hardly features in it (during Hotel California itself). There is one closeup of him. When I first saw the video Felder was my favourite Eagle for fairly obvious reasons. I agreewith you about his chemistry with Joe.
    Yeah Glenn is much more "involved" in tracks like New Kid In Town as far as the album goes. As far as this video goes, yes unfortunately he isn't shown much. He plays the 12 string acoustic capoed at the 2nd fret. I do believe he is playing a Martin guitar in this video. He started using Takamine shortly thereafter. Just like how he plays a Martin in those early BBC vids of TIE, PEF, etc. He does the background strumming you hear in HC. Of course Felder did the intro pieces that continue throughout the song. And Walsh with the lead bit while Felder is playing that intro.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Yes, I should have emphasised that he (Glenn) plays a very minor role in the video, not on the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, I should have emphasised that he (Glenn) plays a very minor role in the video, not on the recording.
    That's ok - I knew which you meant. But I was stating that guitar-wise and definitely vocal-wise he plays a much bigger part in NKIT.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Austin - I'd agree with you about that being an amazing video. Unlike you, it's not possible for me to single out my favorite song ever. However, Hotel California ranks pretty high up there in my book as well. I'd also say that it is one of the best songs ever recorded, IMO. Again, I don't think I can pick a single "best" song, but this easily makes my Top 5 - it is the embodiment of a perfect song to me - great lyrics, great music, great vocals, great harmonies, great storyline, great guitar solos, and great arrangement. A truly amazing, socially relevant masterpiece that I also never tire of hearing!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well Austin - I'd agree with you about that being an amazing video. Unlike you, it's not possible for me to single out my favorite song ever. However, Hotel California ranks pretty high up there in my book as well. I'd also say that it is one of the best songs ever recorded, IMO. Again, I don't think I can pick a single "best" song, but this easily makes my Top 5 - it is the embodiment of a perfect song to me - great lyrics, great music, great vocals, great harmonies, great storyline, great guitar solos, and great arrangement. A truly amazing, socially relevant masterpiece that I also never tire of hearing!
    I think for me it's probably easier because this song really impacted me and changed my life and made me a happier person. If I hadn't listened to HC that day, I don't think I would have ever played guitar or got out of the house or anything like that. I really have a lot of emotional sentiment for that song and album but it's definitely my favorite. But I think because of that fact that it really changed my life - I have more feelings for it than I do any other song.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WF, can you tell us how you really feel?! I'm not sure I understand! Just kidding! Your enthusiasm made me watch and listen to it again. It truly is amazing and I love it too. It's definitely one of my favorites of all time. I don't know if I could say it's number 1, but I can't think of any that would top it either. It's just very hard for me to make such a statement.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    WF, can you tell us how you really feel?! I'm not sure I understand! Just kidding! Your enthusiasm made me watch and listen to it again. It truly is amazing and I love it too. It's definitely one of my favorites of all time. I don't know if I could say it's number 1, but I can't think of any that would top it either. It's just very hard for me to make such a statement.

Sorry for being enthusiastic.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

WF, I think it's great that music - and in particular Hotel California - has had such an impact on your life. Your enthusiasm is contageous!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.