Page 71 of 175 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Now lets not forget they've promised a revamped playlist so maybe we'll get NKIT, AG, etc.... back!! Stranger things have happened.... Remember our surprise when 7BR & BOML popped up last year.

As for Christchurch------ Timothy is just hideous in it, isn't he?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ahh, well that's something at least. Maybe I can put out enough positive vibes or whatever and will them into doing AG!! Worth a shot.

Timothy could NEVER be hideous! I've actually started to realize just how cute he's been all these years! Admittedly, I've had my head immersed so deeply in Glennville, I haven't noticed much else.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObUFdb9SFw

Love this! It is of course from the Christchurch DVD.
    I was in Walmart yesterday & was surprised to see a DVD of the Eagles entitled "One of These Nights". I forget exactly what picture of them was on the cover, but it wasn't from a OOTN photo session nor did it have any part ofthe OOTN cover on it. On further inspection I discovered that it was none other than the Christchurch video! Don will NOT be pleased!

They also had another one which said Eagles UK 1993 & USA 1994 (or something to that effect). Pictures on the cover were from the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 1994 show. I assume that the UK part was at least BBC '73. There were a long list of songs & it seemed like there were more songs than they would have played at both of these performances combined. I was in a big hurray & didn't have time to look more closely to see all that was on it & try to figure out what other performances might be included.

I wondered, especially about Christchurch, whether it would be any better quality that the bootleg that I have seen? However, judging from past experiences, I think that it would be exactly the same video.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I was in Walmart yesterday & was surprised to see a DVD of the Eagles entitled "One of These Nights". I forget exactly what picture of them was on the cover, but it wasn't from a OOTN photo session nor did it have any part ofthe OOTN cover on it. On further inspection I discovered that it was none other than the Christchurch video! Don will NOT be pleased!

They also had another one which said Eagles UK 1993 & USA 1994 (or something to that effect). Pictures on the cover were from the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 1994 show. I assume that the UK part was at least BBC '73. There were a long list of songs & it seemed like there were more songs than they would have played at both of these performances combined. I was in a big hurray & didn't have time to look more closely to see all that was on it & try to figure out what other performances might be included.

I wondered, especially about Christchurch, whether it would be any better quality that the bootleg that I have seen? However, judging from past experiences, I think that it would be exactly the same video.
    Seriously? Walmart is selling bootlegs? WTH? I bet the higher powers are not aware and if they were, heads would be rolling and lawyers would be filing!!! And of all places, Walmart, whom the Eagles trusted enough to sell LROOE. WOW! I'm really shocked!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Seriously? Walmart is selling bootlegs? WTH? I bet the higher powers are not aware and if they were, heads would be rolling and lawyers would be filing!!! And of all places, Walmart, whom the Eagles trusted enough to sell LROOE. WOW! I'm really shocked!
    Those aren't the first that I have seen there. There was one called Eagles California Nights with a 70's picture of the band on the cover, which was a complilation of Glenn & Don interviews from their "14 year vacation". Very misleading. I have also seen a "cheesy" documentary in a greatest albums type series where the commentators pronounce Glenn's name "Fray" all but one time.

I really don't think a place like Walmart would be selling stuff without permission. I mean, how could they think they could get away with it? Maybe it was part of the deal they made when they sold LROOE....Is that possible? I really can't see them doing something that stupid! They must have permission.

Come to think of it, I think over Christmas, I think I saw some Eagles videos in Best Buy... I don't remember which ones, I think ones I haven't seen before.
    I mean the profit margin on this stuff cannot possibly be worth a lawsuit with them...They would have to be nuts!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    This is killing me!! But, I can't let it ruin my first ever Eagles concert, but boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....

Any other 'surprises' I should be made aware of??? Bummed at TS not being played either, but just in total shock at AG not in the set list.
    Presumably you know how many Henley & Walsh solo songs are in the setlist & that Desperado is played last, and that RMW is played AFTER Take It Easy.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Here is the setlist that VAisFEL posted for the Las Vegas show last November. This show was about two hours long, and my guess is that the setlist for the Atlanta shows will be very similar. They may make a few changes, but I'd be very surprised if there are any big changes until they officially roll out the 40th Anniversary Tour.

Seven Bridges Road
    How Long
    Take It To The Limit
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Witchy Woman
    Lyin’ Eyes
    I Can’t Tell You Why
    Walk Away
    Boys of Summer
    In The City
    Long Run
    Life’s Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk 49
    All She Wants To Do Is Dance
    Heartache Tonight
    Life In The Fastlane
    ---encore---
    Take It Easy
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Desperado

Now as far as those DVD's at Walmart, I'm not sure what the deal is with those with regard to being legal. These same DVD's have been available through Amazon for quite a while now, so I'm guessing there is a loophole. It may be that they are being distributed and sold outside of the U.S. so maybe that isn't illegal.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    This is killing me!! But, I can't let it ruin my first ever Eagles concert, but boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....

Any other 'surprises' I should be made aware of??? Bummed at TS not being played either, but just in total shock at AG not in the set list.
    Best advice I can give is go with an open mind - they have so many great songs that you will LOVE the show, even if your favourites aren't performed, or its not in the order you would have chosen.

And I think sending out positive vibes can only help
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I would agree with you about that, EK. In fact, I actually meant to mention that in my post. I've never been disappointed at any Eagles show I've ever attended even if the setlist is not exactly what I would choose.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016