Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

corrinA! Welcome to The Border and thank you so much for the fabulous Eagles pictures! You can never get enough of America's greatest band! At least I can't anyway!

And yes, you must fess up about getting those picks from 3 different Eagles! Unbelievable!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you all for this overwhelming welcome !

It would be wonderful if I could write you that THEY gave the pics to me....!!! but a sweet roadie was so nice....

nevertheless it was a funny experience in Cologne: Me and My friend "Mrs. Schmit "(she´s also now a member here) sat upstairs until the last three songs ... But then there was no holding back..!!!!. We decided to try to go to the stage.. But AAAAAHH it was sooooo hard and we had to use WOMEN POWER.. They don´t want to let us pass but we smiled and smiled and smiled and then in the end we were a few rows away from the stage in the central corridor... It was more than words can say as Don started with "Desperado" ... After the GREAT GUYS said Goodbye ( I was trying to make a picture of Tim but all my pictures of Tim are out of focus ) we waited on the stage and there he was: OUR HERO-ROADIE... We smiled and asked him if he has some guitar pics and he gave us just one.... After a little bit waiting we went away... and then there was the roadie again.. he left the stage only to give each of us three guitar pics...

In Hamburg we met this roadie again.... but of course he didn´t recognize us...

My english is not so good and I hope that you can understand it...

but to write here in english is a good practice for me...

I was so happy to go to the concerts and now they are already over

Kind regards

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing the story about the picks. corinn. That is awesome that you and Mrs. Schmit were able to get them. I guess you were both rewarded because rather than just sit back - you decided to go up to the stage and "Do Something"!

Now, with regard to switching Eagles, any of you that have been around for awhile are familiar with my story, so I'll try to keep it short. In the beginning, I liked Glenn best because he was the most visible member and had most of the early hits. But by the time the mid-70's rolled around, I became equally enthralled with Don and remained that way until 2005. In October of that year, I attended the Oakland, CA concert (yep - I traveled from Virginia), and was lucky enough to have a 3rd row center seat. That was the night, I became mesmerized by Mr. Frey. And nothing that has happened since has changed my mind one single bit! However, I love the rest of the guys, too. They are one awesome, freakin' talented bunch of guys!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by corinnAnna View Post
    Hallo from Germany !

I´m very glad that I´ve found this website...I had the pleasure to enjoy 2 concerts ( Cologne & Hamburg) and what can I say.... I have no words..
    It was breathtaking & I´m still on cloud nine... My Highlight: I have now three picks....!!!!

My photos for you:

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/a...ogne%20170609/

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/a...burg%20160709/

Welcome corinnAnna from me too and special thanks for your Hamburg Photos, I also saw this show and your photos bring back all my memories

Welcome from Canada, corinnAnna! Thanks so much for posting the photos. Glad you got to see the guys in more than one concert & that the roadie gave you those pics!

Thanks for the story, corrinAnna! I love that you and Mrs. Schmit were able to work that woman power to get close and get picks... you go, girl!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Welcome to the board, corinnAnna Very cool that you were able to get those picks. And thank you for posting your pictures. In one I could see Timmy holding the rose

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Hey corinnAnna and welcome! You've found the right place for Eagles fans. Lucky you to have seen two concerts this tour, Im still waiting for one. You're pictures were terrific and how exciting to get the pics from the show! even if they were from the roadie and not the guys themselves. Thanks again for sharing and Im looking forward to hearing more from you!

Just I found a video from Hamburg
    It sounds great!
    Desperado

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjYU37mNps[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)