Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

Default Re: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

EF, your review was wonderful-so glad you had such a great time! Our guys certainly put on a great show, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    What I can still say.................... ah, I know!
    I would like to see an Eagles concert again! It was unbelievable, an unforgettable night! I am still very excited, however, also a little bit sadly!
    I have so long waited for the concert and now it's over! What comes now?
    Aww, Koala, it's sort of like Christmas to a child, isn't it?

Now you have us to talk to and remember with. Most of us have been exactly where you are now. It sounds like your PEW has already begun! But we all get through it...together.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I'm glad that you were feeling like me, Koala. But I didn't expect anything else And so cool your sister and her friend had so much fun. Joe was definitely everybody's darling. When he started to talk and you all know what it sounds like the crowd were laughing.

Yeah, when Glenn introduced NMCD and Don said that, that was hilarious LOL The audience cracked up. He's got such a dry sense of humor sometimes.

What I forgot to ask... maybe someone here knows anything about it. Sometimes I had the feeling Glenn's arthritis (it was that, wasn't it) seemed to discomfort him sometimes. When I went in 2006 there was no signs of it, at least not to me but yesterday I thought "ouch" when I watched him closely. I talked to a girl who was sitting next to me and she wondered about it. I told her about it and she said "ah ok, I understand".

Aaaaah, don't talk about PEW, Cathy It already started when I left the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post
    Yeah, when Glenn introduced NMCD and Don said that, that was hilarious LOL The audience cracked up. He had such a dry sense of humor sometimes.
    Hmmm, usually Glenn does the Track 8 joke...sounds like you got a Don treat!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ah ok, I didn't know or forgot it. They seem to switch from time to time. It was also Don who talked about the short break. That's what Glenn is usually doing.

Thank you, EF and Koala, for your quick posts. Nothing more frustrating for us than knowing our guys have just given another stellar performance and having to wait for the feedback. Love the photos on the link, too.

It warms my heart to hear everyone talking about their concert experiences. I've been blessed to be there several times here in the States (BOY, DID I GET LUCKY ON THIS TOUR!) and holding the memories of those shows close to my heart gives me such joy.

Three more European shows and our boys return to their home soil for a well-deserved and hard-earned break (heavy sigh of sadness -- about the break, that is). Nothing pending on the schedule after Lisbon but stay tuned to eaglesband.com for more dates out here in the western part of the country. They've only done Salt Lake City so far so those of us in the vicinity of the Continental Divide and the San Adreas Fault still have a few shows to anticipate in 2010!!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Thanks for the reviews, ladies. Glad you had a great time. Second row - wow!

As PM says, we're here for you, regarding the PEW. It is hard. I've been dealing with it for the past week or so! Hold onto those memories! Sounds like the guys were on good form.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Koala, thanks for that! I'm so happy you finally got to see them. What comes next? Lot's of longing for them to come back! Sounds like you really had fun.

I use youtube to get my fix of the guys. I just love to hear and watch them.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Koala and EF, thanks so much for your wonderful reviews! I'm glad you two got to meet and that the show was awesome as usual.

So it was easy to give them something after the show? Now, just why are they so easy to get close to in Europe and not here in the states?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I also use youtube, the only way for me.

I have no clue, Brooke... that woman just walked to the stage and gave Timmy the rose. When he saw her coming over he moved forward to accept.

I've just read in another review the guys played one more song in the encore as in other German cities. Do we have a set list from other cities here? They played TIE and of course Desperado. What was the third song, Koala?
    Last edited by EasyFeeling; 07-17-2009 at 01:20 PM.