Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

Ooooooooooooh, pictures Thanks for posting them, Koala. They are very good.

Keeping that picture as your desktop is a good idea, Koala. I'm still using Maleah's picture slideshow from Chicago, Sept, 2008 as my screen saver. They bring back such fond memories!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for posting the pics & the reviews, Koala. I hate to tell you that PEW can last for a very long time. My one & only time seeing the guys was last Aug & I think that I am still felling some PEW. Thank goodness for The Border or I don't think that I would have made it through. Well maybe, but it would be darn hard !

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover
    I hate to tell you that PEW can last for a very long time. My one & only time seeing the guys was last Aug & I think that I am still felling some PEW.
    and I thought that PEW has disappeared after a week or so !
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
    Keeping that picture as your desktop is a good idea, Koala. I'm still using Maleah's picture slideshow from Chicago, Sept, 2008 as my screen saver. They bring back such fond memories!
    yes I think that was a good idea to use this pic!
    whenever I see the pic, I must smile and I think of the concert!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I'm late as well, but I've loved reading these reviews. EF - don't feel bad about mixing up a few things. I know that after I see the Eagles (or even an Eagle solo) my mind is blown! I've actually taken to writing down notes immediately after the show, before the details get all mixed up in my brain. I don't want to forget a thing!

Thank you, ladies, for taking the time to share your memories and in the case of Koala, the photos. Like EF, my concert photos come out terribly. I think the last time I took a good one was 2001. Sad but true!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks again, glad you like the pic and the review!
    Last edited by Koala; 07-21-2009 at 01:47 AM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Out on the Border

Just came back to my home in Austria from a few days vacation in Germany and the best of it all: the Eagles in Hamburg. I'm still so excited despite it's over a week after the show but my emotions are still very high. I'm so grateful that I found this board so I can share my emotions and now I know what's going on with me: it's PEW. The show in Hamburg was really great, I was lucky enough to see them in Munich and Vienna also but Hamburg was definitely the best due to the Colorline Arena which is a perfect location. I could hear details there that I couldn't hear in Vienna or Munich.
    And I also think that the guys were in perfect shape in Hamburg, you could see that they're having fun on stage and I never saw Don so much smiling.
    Sometimes I wonder if they know how much happiness they're bringing to people all around the globe and how important their music is. During the short break in Hamburg I saw Joe's wife Marjorie being brought to her place in the VIP area and for a few seconds I thought about saying this to her but she was so busy with her mobile phone and I didn't want to be impolite.
    Now I'm back in "real life" which is a little bit disappointing at the moment as all I want to do is listen to the Eagles, talk about the Eagles, see the Eagles, etc........ So I'm really glad to be here with people who understand what I'm feeling, thank you.
    Please excuse my english, it's not my native language and I didn't use it very often in the last years.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border, Ilia! I'm so glad you found us and that you are sharing your thoughts about the shows you have seen. Wow, three shows! Very Aren't the Eagles just wonderful?!

Hang in there with that PEW! Lots of visits here will help with that, along with regular viewings of Farewell 1 and HFO dvd's and much listening to cds.

Btw, your english is working wonderfully!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Thanks Brooke for the warm welcome. Just started viewing Farewell 1, it helps a bit.
    I really do hope there will be a chance to see them again.
    This board is a great opportunity for me to practice english. Can't imagine a better way to learn a language.

Welcome, Ilia! You've certainly come to the right place if you are suffering from PEW! The Border really helped me last year with mine!

By the way, I would say that you have already learned the English language .