Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don singing "Yes It Is"

Default Re: Don singing "Yes It Is"

Dreamer, thanks so much for the link to check out Glenn doing "My Girl" and "Rocky Mountain Way". I will be very anxious to hear him sing those songs! I did hear him sing a tiny bit of "My Girl" at the Philly concert, and it left me wanting more! I do think Glenn would do a great version of that song, which happens to be one of my all time favorite songs!

I love Don's version of that. Sometimes, out of nowhere, it'll pop into my head: "For red is the color that will make me blue, in spite of you, it's true." I believe Tim is also harmonizing in the Bridge School benefit along with JD Souther, or am I misremembering? Regardless, they really do it up right.

As far as Glenn goes, here's the Partytown/I Saw Her Standing There medley, from a Tokyo show in 1992:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multi...HSTTokyo92.mp3

Enjoy folks!

And thank you so much for the kind words!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that, Soda - I thought for sure you had it on GFO, but when I went to find it, I totally forgot that it was a medley with Partytown.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I just watched Glenn singing "My Girl", and wow! It really made me long to see him in a solo concert. Those of you who have seen him solo, does he often play "My Girl"? He really did a wonderful version-I also loved the finger snaps!

I also listened to the Partytown/I Saw Her Standing There medley, and I thought both of those songs went so well together. I had thought that Glenn was only going to sing a snippet of "I Saw Her Standing There", but it seemed he did the entire song, and that was a REAL treat! I loved it. So thanks again, Dreamer, for the link, and thanks to you, Soda, for finding all these wonderful gems and sharing them with all of us!!

Sadly, "My Girl" has not been in his solo set for a while. That's why I got so freaking excited when I heard he was doing snippets of it during band intros on this tour. I finally got to hear a bit of it at one of my shows and it left me begging for more!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten