Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What now?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default What now?

Well everyone, this leg of the tour has drawn to a close. When they first announced these dates months and months ago, it felt like it would never get here. With no new dates announced yet it feels like we are in limbo so to speak. I'm sure the guys are all looking forward to chilling out at home for quite awhile with family. Then what?

And what becomes of us here that have all awaited every new picture, video and review after each and every concert? PEW will set in big time. We do have a new solo album for Tim coming in the fall supposedly and we still have the newness of Don's dvd & cd release but what else? We have all said we expect them to announce some new dates in the West for the fall but till then, whatever will we do to keep things fresh and keep ourselves entertained?

We need some new survivor games or we can always put Mike to work again on a new game to boggle the mind!

Am I the only one who feels as if I'm all of a sudden lost? So pathetic I am!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: What now?

You're not pathetic, TBF. I'm already starting to feel the PEW .

It's hard to go from a surge of new shows and their accompanying videos and reviews to only a few (or no) new things happening... but we'll always find something to talk about regarding our favorite band. We can jump off "This Day in Eagles History" a lot - we get good threads out of those events often. And perhaps it's time to start a Glenn video survivor!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    We need some new survivor games or we can always put Mike to work again on a new game to boggle the mind!
    Yes a new survivor game were great!
    Am I the only one who feels as if I'm all of a sudden lost? So pathetic I am!
    I feel the same!
    Just today the feeling is especially great, because last Thursday was my first concert. I must always remember what I last week at this time had made. And I am afraid that I would see they no more, than I think that they unfortunately not come for more concerts in the next years to Germany!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

If you are pathetic, what am I? I've been feelilng the same way! What do we do while they are relaxing and taking it easy? I know they aren't done touring, but there aren't any dates to look forward too. I'm sad!

Heaven knows I spend WAY too much time thinking/daydreaming about the Eagles... heaven knows it's certainly not healthy! I scare myself sometimes with my passion (obession) for the Eagles. My otherhalf says I'm a stalker... I retort, no I'm not... his reply is, "that's because we don't live in California". All in good fun... all in good fun...

I am confident that they will post new tour dates soon.

I guess it hasn't hit me yet that they are taking a break and we will not be fed anymore videos and pictures for awhile. I feel blessed to love a band that is still going strong even into their sixties (valid, creative statesmen!) and look damn good doing it!

They will be back. We just have to be patient!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I suspect we're all freaking out over the thought that we don't know when we'll have more concerts/reviews/videos to pacify us. And there's going to be an overload of PEW all around the world. Personally, I am so grateful for The Border and all of you wonderful people who share my adoration for our guys. Don's new CD/DVD helps, as will as the anticipated new TBF release slated for this fall, while we eagerly wait for the announcement of western US concert dates and locations.

In the meantime we've got to stick together, hang tough and, to borrow Timmy's words -- Feed the Fire right here. Remember that "You Are Not Alone", we're all in "Fast Company" on The Border and we'll continue to "Take It To The Limit" in these threads.

I love all of you gals and guys for being here and bless they day I found you!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    I love all of you gals and guys for being here and bless they day I found you!

Awwwww
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Y'all are cracking me up here! I'm thinking I must be slipping. I've had so much on my plate here lately that I'm still several weeks behind on even going through the concert thread pictures, videos, and reviews. I was hoping I would be able to catch up in the next few weeks and y'all are making me tired just thinking about all these new ideas. But, I was thinking just the other day that we should schedule another chat party soon. Anyway, with the awesome group of people we have on our board, I am sure that things will stay interesting around here to help us make it through these lean times.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sure Dreamer-Thanks for making me feel even more pathetic! Even tho I have a lot going on also, I'm still pathetic enough to be here EVERY day of my life and have withdrawls when I can't (like this morning when the board was down). I get paniced without it!! I obviously need help--maybe a good 12 step program!
    He sings it high, he plays it low