Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi fom Switzerland

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Hi fom Switzerland

Welcome to The Border Claudine! Glad you found us. This is a wonderful place to discuss all things Eagles!

My favorite is also Glenn, with Don running a very close second. I love Tim and Joe, too, though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I already like it here - especially because there's a lot more of information about my favourite Eagle Glenn than elsewhere.

As you might have noticed my native language is German, not English, so my written English is far from being perfect, I hope you'll forgive me if I make mistakes .

I hope there will be other chances to see them live again. I know they're not done yet, but I doubt if they'll tour Europe again. Maybe only the rest of US, Canada, Asia and Australia...

Dreamer, thanks for the link, I already checked it out.

btw are there any Swiss fans out there?
    Last edited by eaglesfever; 07-27-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Out on the Border

Hi Claudine,
    I'm not from Switzerland but from your neighbour country Austria and I'm also new here, discovered the board after seeing the band in Vienna, Munich and Hamburg and can confirm that this here is the best place to be when having PEW.
    And this is the perfect place to exercise english.
    I'm still so excited by the experience of seeing them live that I found myself looking how much a flight from Austria to Los Angeles would cost, just in case there would be new show dates.
    Do you think that there are some people around here living in Europe who would be crazy enough to travel to the US westcoast to see the Eagles ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia View Post
    Hi Claudine,
    I'm not from Switzerland but from your neighbour country Austria and I'm also new here, discovered the board after seeing the band in Vienna, Munich and Hamburg and can confirm that this here is the best place to be when having PEW.
    And this is the perfect place to exercise english.
    I'm still so excited by the experience of seeing them live that I found myself looking how much a flight from Austria to Los Angeles would cost, just in case there would be new show dates.
    Do you think that there are some people around here living in Europe who would be crazy enough to travel to the US westcoast to see the Eagles ?
    Hi Ilia
    Hey it's always nice to meet other fans from a neighbour country. Wow, you've seen them 3 times in a short time.. I wish I had seen them more than once, but I'm sure there will be another chance to see them, maybe not in Europe, but in the US or Canada. Yes I think that there are others out there who would travel so far to see them, I met a few I would say they would do so. I already thought about that, too. But I think I'll wait until the further dates are officially announced. I agree, this board is a perfect opportunity to brush up English .
    Are you a longtime Eagles fan?
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Out on the Border

Claudine, glad to hear that I'm not the only one with my travel dreams. You are absolutely right, nothing to do at the moment as long as there are no offical dates. But maybe when time comes we could find some fans going together. Would be a lot of fun on such a long journey (by the way: I hate travelling, but if it's for the Eagles...).
    I know Eagles music for a very long time, but am a real fan since Hell Freezes Over, when I saw them live in Berlin on the "Waldbühne" (1996). Then I travelled two times to Munich to see them, I think it was 2001 and 2006 (can't find the tickets at the moment to see if the years are correct). And everytime I saw them I thought, they would never ever come back to Europe again and if so I would try to see every show (which is not manageable anyway if you're not a millionaire with all the time in the world). So 2009 really is my big year with 3 shows but you never can get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfever View Post
    As you might have noticed my native language is German, not English, so my written English is far from being perfect, I hope you'll forgive me if I make mistakes .
    no worry because of your english!
    Mistakes are not great problems, I know what I am talking about, my English is even not perfect! And nevertheless the others understand me!
    Oh yes, I think there are such crazy people here!
    I think I would be one of them!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Welcome Claudine! As you have probably noticed by now, we are truly an international board. I believe you are indeed our first Swiss member but so far you are representing your country very well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hi Claudine, nice to see so many new Borderers. I've been here for a few months and for the most part, immediately felt comfortable. Hope you like your stay.

Stuck on the Border

Welcome to you Claudine from another Frey fan from the other end of the earth.....

We do have some crazy, wacky people on this board who have traveled across the pond to see the Eagles. Troubadour recently traveled from England to Oklahoma to see two Don solo shows. Stars and Soda have both taken advantage at different times to go to Europe to see the boys! And I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.