Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi fom Switzerland

Default Re: Hi fom Switzerland

Ah, yes! I was planning a trip to the UK in 2006, and when I saw that the guys would be there in the early summer, I took pains to be in London the same time they were! (I was lucky enough to meet WitchyMummy, Toonlass, timfan and glenneaglesfan in person that trip - we even got to hang out for a good amount of time). I went to a show in both Twickenham and Wembley. I also happened to be in Glasgow when they were, a happy coincidence that I only discovered when I saw an advertisement in the train station. It was hard not to jump up and down happily right then and there, lol. Then when I visited glenneaglesfan in southern England, we went together to a show in Wales. Good times!

(Linked to my old reviews above. They were first posted on our former board Flip City, a closed board, and I was a bit freer when expressing my admiration of Glenn Frey's hotness. Indeed as many of you know it was a Glenn board and at the time I had no plans to make an Eagles board, but some circumstances changed later that year. Anyway, I blush when I read some of that now. Luckily my Sacramento review from 2005, which was WAY over the top in that regard, has not been preserved for the ages. Plus you must remember this was just a few months after my first trip to Pebble Beach with PLS).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia View Post
    But maybe when time comes we could find some fans going together. Would be a lot of fun on such a long journey (by the way: I hate travelling, but if it's for the Eagles...).
    I'm in!! You would just need to ask me once and I would join a group of fans (if I can take a few days off and have enough money ) to travel with. I've got the same problem - I'm not the ultimate fan of airplanes and long flights, but I would do it for the Eagles... I'm sure Koala would join us, too - Koala???
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    no worry because of your english!
    Mistakes are not great problems, I know what I am talking about, my English is even not perfect! And nevertheless the others understand me!

Oh yes, I think there are such crazy people here!
    I think I would be one of them!
    Glad to hear that, I know you've got the same problem...

The crazy ones should clan together !!
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Welcome Claudine! As you have probably noticed by now, we are truly an international board. I believe you are indeed our first Swiss member but so far you are representing your country very well.
    Switzerland is maybe too small to have enough Eaglesfans .

Oh thanks I'll do my best to maintain Switzerland's reputation...
    just kidding...

I see, many of you have travelled far away to see the guys.. Don't know why I didn't think about that before. I've seen them in 2001, 2006 and this year in Zurich.

Soda, are you the one who met Glenn personally during the Pebble Beach tournament several times? It might be a stupid question, but I still have some problems to figure out who is who here on the board and where all these people come from etc.

Maybe this is another stupid question, but how many of you had the change to meet an Eagle personally? I always asked myself how all these people managed it to meet them. I've never had the chance to be very close and I think if I would be close I would be too shy to say or do something. And if it would be Glenn I would fall dead ..........................

Welcome from another Glenn fan, Claudine! Your English is great!
    Last edited by GlennLover; 07-28-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: My English!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfever View Post
    Soda, are you the one who met Glenn personally during the Pebble Beach tournament several times? It might be a stupid question, but I still have some problems to figure out who is who here on the board and where all these people come from etc.
    Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. The last year, Molly and timfan came as well. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.
    That's sooooo great that you had the chance to meet him personally... OMG I can understand your feelings.... I remember you wrote that he's a real gentlemen. I sometimes ask myself how a man who could be my father can be so fascinating... .
    I would love to meet him personally, but I think this will never happen.
    But dreaming on is quite nice, too....

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Welcome from another Glenn fan, Claudine! Your English is great!
    Thanks GlennLover! I noticed that you're from Canada - love your country very much - already planning my next holiday (but in western Canada) for June/July 2010. Canada might become my home country in 2011/2012..

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfever View Post
    Maybe this is another stupid question, but how many of you had the change to meet an Eagle personally? I always asked myself how all these people managed it to meet them. I've never had the chance to be very close and I think if I would be close I would be too shy to say or do something. And if it would be Glenn I would fall dead ..........................
    Efever, please don't think that any question is stupid. I think that's a great question. Besides Soda & Co.'s Pebble Beach experience, I think MikeA and others have met Joe at a meet 'n greet (lucky duck!)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.