Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi fom Switzerland

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Hi fom Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia View Post
    Hi Claudine,
    I'm not from Switzerland but from your neighbour country Austria and I'm also new here, discovered the board after seeing the band in Vienna, Munich and Hamburg and can confirm that this here is the best place to be when having PEW.
    And this is the perfect place to exercise english.
    I'm still so excited by the experience of seeing them live that I found myself looking how much a flight from Austria to Los Angeles would cost, just in case there would be new show dates.
    Do you think that there are some people around here living in Europe who would be crazy enough to travel to the US westcoast to see the Eagles ?

Welcome from Ireland to both of you Claudine and Ilia. I've seen the Eagles twice in my home city Dublin in Ireland. I have also travelled to Belfast on the most recent leg of the tour and was at the opening LROOE gig in London. I think if time, money and work are not a problem I would be quite willing to travel to see them in the states at least once.

But as you can see no doubt from my username, Glenn is my favourite and what I would really LOVE to do would be to catch one or more of his solo gigs if he decides to do some in the coming months.

Troub and I were saying that a dream trip would include a full Eagles gig, a Don solo and a Glenn solo all in one trip. May as well wish!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, how I wish all our overseas members could make the trip like Troub did!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I dream of a Border Party (followed by a concert of course!)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. The last year, Molly and timfan came as well. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.
    Soda - I just let out a sigh reading your post about our meetings with Glenn. It warms my heart and brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it, too. I still just shake my head and say "WOW"!!! I will never "get over it"!

And how fun would it be to one day be able to have a real Border get together!!! I have so enjoyed meeting up with other fans and going to shows with others that I have met on the board the past few years.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I dream of a Border Party (followed by a concert of course!)
    oh yeah, that would be great!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    But as you can see no doubt from my username, Glenn is my favourite and what I would really LOVE to do would be to catch one or more of his solo gigs if he decides to do some in the coming months.

Troub and I were saying that a dream trip would include a full Eagles gig, a Don solo and a Glenn solo all in one trip. May as well wish!
    That would really be a dream trip... !! Number 1 band, number 1 man and number 2 man.... Sounds perfect! I'd join you ...

But I think that especially Glenn needs a rest to take care of his voice. And we all know that he has other health problems.. Do you think they'll tour Europe again? I think that we have to travel abroad (means US) to see them again... Would be nice to go together!
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    oh yeah, that would be great!

Agreed! So we should work on it
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

And how fun would it be to one day be able to have a real Border get together!!! I have so enjoyed meeting up with other fans and going to shows with others that I have met on the board the past few years.
    Very good idea - would be nice to meet other fans in real life not only trough the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfever View Post
    would be nice to meet other fans in real life not only trough the internet...
    I had before the concert in Hamburg, a short but very nice meeting with Easyfeeling. It was really great to meet another Border!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I had before the concert in Hamburg, a short but very nice meeting with Easyfeeling. It was really great to meet another Border!
    It's great to have this board, it's a place to meet like-minded people and it maybe offers the chance to get together with others for a concert (like in your case).

Apart from my husband I don't have any Eagles fans around me. I'm glad my husband likes their music and would join me to a concert in Zurich anytime, but he's not a diehard fan, so he wouldn't travel with me to other concerts (which I can understand).

I'm sure if they would tour Europe again I would find very nice people here to meet. And there are a few living quite close to me, that's cool.