Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hi fom Switzerland

Default Re: Hi fom Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfever View Post
    It's great to have this board, it's a place to meet like-minded people and it maybe offers the chance to get together with others for a concert (like in your case).
    Yeah this Board is great, I love it! You can talk here really well about your favourite Band!
    Apart from my husband I don't have any Eagles fans around me. I'm glad my husband likes their music and would join me to a concert in Zurich anytime, but he's not a diehard fan, so he wouldn't travel with me to other concerts (which I can understand).
    I know what you mean, I was with my sister and her boyfriend at the concert, both not fans, they would also not travel with me!
    I'm sure if they would tour Europe again I would find very nice people here to meet. And there are a few living quite close to me, that's cool.
    I hope they will tour again in Europe, who knows! If they come to Europe again, I will see at least one concert, hopefully however several!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Welcome to the Border, Claudine and Ilia!

I haven't been around for so long now that it's difficult keeping up with all the new members, so welcome to you all.

I have had some problems this year, and didn't get to see my favourite band on their recent tour of Europe, although I was one of the lucky ones who saw them at the O2 on March 20 last year, where I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa (Glennsallnighter) and her little girl, Timtot, and Monique (Mrs Frey), who made the epic journey from South Africa to see the guys.

I also live with very happy memories of meeting Nancy (Sodascouts) and our adventures in London and Cardiff in 2006. Meeting fellow fans has been a great pleasure and I would love to fly to the USA and meet more of you, particularly if a Glenn concert could be factored in!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    Meeting fellow fans has been a great pleasure and I would love to fly to the USA and meet more of you, particularly if a Glenn concert could be factored in!!
    Hi GEF and thanks for welcoming the newbies...
    We should really think about a trip to the US - there are many of us (Europeans) who already said that they would get together for a US-trip.
    But for the moment, there's nothing to plan, because there are no official dates. Guess they'll have a rest until the end of 2009.
    Last edited by eaglesfever; 08-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Sorry I'm late on this but welcome Claudine, You will love it here

Out on the Border

[quote=eaglesfever;78337]
    We should really think about a trip to the US - there are many of us (Europeans) who already said that they would get together for a US-trip.

I'm glad to hear that some fans around here would really be willing to fly to the US, that's great. So we will carefully watch the news and as soon as there are new dates we should try to organize a common trip. Something to look forward to, helps to come over PEW.

Hi Claudine and Ilia,
    I'm really late on welcoming you both to the Border, but better late than never!! Hope you enjoy your time here...I know I have! It would be great if you would travel here to see our boys...because that would mean more concert dates have been announced! I saw 3 LRROE shows... New Jersey (where I'm from), Pennsylvania (where I met fellow Borderer Stars), and Massachusetts. I am to see Glenn or Don in a solo show next, so that would be an ideal way for me to meet any and all fellow Borderers! Have fun!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Thanks EagleLady and eaglesvet for the warm welcome. I enjoy reading here - and look through the nice Glenn pics .

I'm sure there will be a chance to see our guys in the US again, the question is "when", 2010 or 2011... would be cool to meet other fans for a concert.
    Hm, a Glenn solo show would be like a dream comes true to me...
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)