Thread: Rock The Cradle

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Rock The Cradle

I came across the Lucy Walsh video's from RTC on Youtube and started wondering - whatever happened to the winner Crosby Loggins. It seems like that was the last we ever saw of him. I thought he was pretty good although not great. Seems like nothing has happened with him - or have I just missed the boat on him? Now I think about it I haven't really heard about any of the contestants on the show - I thought I'd hear more from Jesse Snyder for sure.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Rock The Cradle

I agree, tbsf. It is interesting that pretty much all the contestants have just faded away. Although I think Crosby was talented, to me he just didn't have enough stage presence. I personally thought that Lucy or Jesse Snyder were the most talented and should have been the 2 finalists. Where are they - hard to believe either of them aren't ready for prime time ???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I haven't kept up with the others, but Lucy is involved in a lot of performances though not 20,000 seat concerts. She has a pretty good Blog on MySpace that documents what she's up to.

Sep 30 2009 8:00P
    HOTEL CAFE (21+) Los Angeles, California

Oct 15 2009 8:00P
    ZOEY’S CAFE Ventura, California

MikeA

Lucy's still doing her thing, just like she did before - playing small clubs in California and working on a debut album. You can go to her official site for more info, or her official MySpace to hear some of her songs.

Crosby Loggins got the record deal and has released his album (you can buy it on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A4Q5UI?ie=UTF8&tag=jive-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B002A4Q5UI"]Amazon.com[/ame]), but according to [ame="http://www.myspace.com/crosbyloggins"]his official MySpace[/ame], he's still doing the club scene, too. I was actually rooting for him to win over Snider, who seemed to be all shirtless blackflips and no substance. Still, Loggins' stage presence does seem more suited to a coffee house than a concert venue.

Jesse Snider's official MySpace is a joke! He calls himself everything from a comic writer to a voice actor to a semi-pro football player.... music is mentioned as "what he is best known for." Makes me wonder if he was ever really serious about music, or just wanted an easy path to fame. Struggling through playing small clubs hoping to make it in the music business apparently isn't his style.

The assessment: temporary visibility that won't really help your career in the long run, but doesn't hurt it either. I guess it falls into the category of "better temporary exposure than no exposure."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Finally - a CD from Crosby Loggins. Well, I hope it does well but I'm guessing it isn't going to shake the world. As for Jesse Snyder - it does sound as though music was not such a big deal to him doesn't it. Interesting.