Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Harry

Default Re: Let's Get Harry

Happy 33rd Birthday to Let's Get Harry.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 33rd Birthday to Let's Get Harry.
    I have this on DVD. Guess maybe I should watch it, eh?

I have the movie too, but I haven't watched it yet.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

It's not fabulous filmmaking, but it's by no means the worst movie that was made in the 80s. Or anytime. I can think of several action/adventure movies that were worse, including "A View to a Kill," and that's a James Bond movie!

I think my favorite scene is where Spence (Glenn) flimm-flams Gary Busey's character into paying for the trip. The look on his face is priceless, and I couldn't shake the feeling that he really wasn't acting much in that scene. There was a LOT of Glenn there. LOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    It's not fabulous filmmaking, but it's by no means the worst movie that was made in the 80s. Or anytime. I can think of several action/adventure movies that were worse, including "A View to a Kill," and that's a James Bond movie!

I think my favorite scene is where Spence (Glenn) flimm-flams Gary Busey's character into paying for the trip. The look on his face is priceless, and I couldn't shake the feeling that he really wasn't acting much in that scene. There was a LOT of Glenn there. LOLOLOL.
    I love that scene, too.

I think the movie suffers from poor pacing and some confusing plot events, but overall, it's certainly not as bad as people make out. Glenn performs admirably. I am glad he left that look behind, though! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that Let's Get Harry is a pretty entertaining movie. It's not an A-list film, but it's certainly not awful either. I think Glenn holds his own against some really talented actors. Wish I had time to watch it again, but it's been a pretty busy time for me, so it'll have to wait until things slow down for me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 35th birthday to Let’s Get Harry.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY LET'S GET HARRY!!!

Can't believe it's been 35 years since this film's release.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 35th (WOW!) to Let's Get Harry!
    I was thinking what a kick Glenn's boys probably got when they were young, watching Dad wipe out the bad guys!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I found the movie on an app on my firebrick. I have to go back and finish watching it.