Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Harry

Default Re: Let's Get Harry

It's been years since I've seen the film but I'd just like to take a moment and mourn the loss of Glenn's mustache. I believe this is the last appearance ever by the mustache. I really can't see him ever growing it again. Especially if he sticks w/the super short hair. So, a moment of silence and a slight whimper from me:

Dear Glenn,

Thanks for sharing your mustache with all us fans. We love it. And you.

Thanks again-
    Lisa

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

MV!

I loved the 'stache in the early years, but after he cut his hair I really wasn't a fan! But, I will morn with you MV, and yup, Glenn, we still love you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, I know it's not perfect w/the shorter hair Brooke. The mustache itself isn't really the same one he sported in the 70's. I know, I know. I just have a soft spot for photos from this film. The mustache's Farewell Tour! To bad the movie isn't a little better. He did better ones later.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Cool Re: Let's Get Harry

MV! And I like Glenn any way, so I'll join you in mourning for the 'tache.

And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think Let's Get Harry was all that awful. As I said earlier in this thread, while I admit this isn't an Oscar-winning film, it certainly held my interest. I guess I'm easily entertained - every film doesn't have to be thought-provoking or deep for me to enjoy it. As far as Glenn's acting, I actually think he held his own against some really fine actors such as Robert Duvall, Gary Busey, and Mark Harmon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    MV! And I like Glenn any way, so I'll join you in mourning for the 'tache.

And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think Let's Get Harry was all that awful. As I said earlier in this thread, while I admit this isn't an Oscar-winning film, it certainly held my interest. I guess I'm easily entertained - every film doesn't have to be thought-provoking or deep for me to enjoy it. As far as Glenn's acting, I actually think he held his own against some really fine actors such as Robert Duvall, Gary Busey, and Mark Harmon.
    I agree with you, Dreamer. I didn't think it was that bad either. Glenn certainly did hold his own.

However, I don't mourn the 'stache. I'm usually not partial to facial hair on men & Glenn is no exception. However, the 70's 'stache has grown on me (not literally, lol),but zi still prefer him without it.

Stuck on the Border

OMG I've never seen this movie, I love Glenn in short hair and mustache!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border

The trailer led me to a quick search on amazon and it's now available as a digital download in the UK. I succumbed.

I enjoyed it. It's moves quickly and each of Harry's friends has a small character arc. There's obviously a bit missing in the middle where the group gets transformed from a bunch of hopeless amateurs into amateurs who know how to improvise explosive devices, kill someone silently etc. They skipped the lesson on camoflage.

Glenn was fine. He didn't have a lot to do in terms of acting but he was good for what there was and he seemed to fit in well with the rest. What surprised me was that he was almost cute and cuddly with the soft voice, thick hair, cozy sweaters and shorter stature. Or maybe I'm just influenced by the way he throws himself into the hug at the end.

Last edited by UndertheWire; 05-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Border Desperado

I have yet to see this movie. I will try to find it and watch it soon. I remember seeing Glenn on MV in the 80's (my favorite show back then) and I thought he was terrific. Of course his looks did not hurt.

I give Glenn a tremendous amount of credit for giving acting a try and I don't think that he was bad at all in anything that I saw him in. It points to the fact that, as many other posters point out, is that Glenn appears to be confident and in charge. Very Respectable qualities. I think its really awesome that he was game to try acting and appeared to have enjoyed himself!

I was thinking about watching a scary movie for Halloween, but maybe I should watch this instead. Today is the anniversary of its release. Hmm!

ETA: yep, I'm watching it. Halloween eye candy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten