Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
I was thinking about this. I think it's interesting that one of Glenn's most outright 'personal' songs, Livin' Right, doesn't appears to have aged all that well given these results. Perhaps it's just a bit 'gung ho' and hard to relate to; I'm not sure. As opposed to another 'personal' song, River of Dreams, which I think would be near the top if we do this for the Strange Weather album.

I was also thinking about why LPWSIL (I think that is the first time I've ever used the acronym) doesn't rate highly. I quite like the song but it's a fairly ordinary lyric. Once again it has a superb bridge ('if I could have you back') but the rest of it plods along a bit.
The problem with Livin' Right is that most people don't salivate over the idea of getting up at the crack of dawn to jog. The song's lyrics just remind them that they're lazy and out of shape, which in turn makes them perceive Glenn as the obnoxious friend who's always drinking health shakes and saying things like "Do you know how many grams of fat are in that cheeseburger you're eating?"

I agree with your assessment of LPWSIL - great bridge, pedestrian verses.