Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
Chaim, what a fascinating comparison between I Did It For Your Love and Wasted Time. I absolutely love sudden chord changes. I don't know if it qualifies but there is a similar moment in A Walk In The Dark when he sings 'this is the way I want to dance with you'. He seems to be very good at this.
There were a couple of errors in my comment; one fatal one. "Usual" should have been "UNusual". I changed it...
I remember someone bringing up that "Walk in the dark" bit at some point. It might have been you. I just listened to the song. What a great song! I've always liked it. It really SOUNDS like you're in the park in the dark. The chords in that bit you mentioned are the same as in the first verse, and the first chord, basically F sharp minor (one, sometimes two notes added), is the first chord also in the chorus (on the word "Let's). The second chord is in the chorus too (during the words "dark" and "park"). But here in the verse the bass stays on the F sharp when the chord changes, so it has a different feeling. So those chords have been heard many times already in the song (intro, first firse, chorus), but I agree that STILL Glenn manages to make it magical sounding, like the chord appeared for the first time!