Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Songs

Default Re: New Songs!

It was so exciting to come back from my mother's house (where there is no computer access) from Thanksgiving and read everyone's posts about the new songs! I was shopping with my family all day on Friday, braving the holiday crowds, and didn't even make it to Walmart until late that night. Popped in the new CD and literally screamed to realize they were really new songs. What a terrific surprise!

LOVE Fast Company. Talk about "your motor's running hot"-- indeed!

Love "Do Something" too. The chorus of that one actually stuck in my head the longest.

Beautiful vocals on both and great arrangements. Wonderful job by all the guys!

This definitely helped make this a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday for me. Now I can't wait to hear all the other new songs on the new album.

If I'm not mistaken, WalMart has some pretty bizarre "family values" standards and they may have frowned about a song about someone's battle with alcoholism. I vaguely recall them raising a stink about uncensored lyrics -- you know, in the music department right next to where they sell ammunition.

-------------

Be careful what you say
    Be careful who you trust
    This world is beautiful
    This world is dangerous

But it's about a guy getting clean! Surely, if they were worried about family values, that would be the first song they'd want on there.

~

Stuck on the Border

If I'm not mistaken, WalMart has some pretty bizarre "family values" standards and they may have frowned about a song about someone's battle with alcoholism. I vaguely recall them raising a stink about uncensored lyrics -- you know, in the music department right next to where they sell ammunition.
    At our Walmart, And you're done picking up the shells for your 22, you can head over to the liquor department and load up your cart from the giant pyramid of stacked Jack Daniels bottles!

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry, but although the Eagles have done a deal with Walmart, that relates to marketing. I don't believe that Walmart suddenly told them to release new tracks. The Eagles don't work that way. The tracks have been released because the Eagles want to test the market, not at Walmart's behest.

Corrections to transcription of Fast Company

With a few more listens and the help of timfan, I've figured out a few of those puzzling lines that caught me last time:

I think the first puzzler is:

They don't know nothin' you don't know
    Ain't got nothing you ain't got

And the second:

This is your turn
    Your life has just begun
    You're racin' out the door
    Don't have very much to say
    Your motor's runnin' hot
    You can't wait to get away

And the third:

Talk to me and help me try to remember
    How it feels to be so in doubt
    Turn to me and help me try to remember
    That ragin' fire that the years put out

Agree/disagree?

~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, I'm feeling sooooo behind here! I've been gone all weekend and come home to all this exciting news! I shopped all day Friday and Saturday and never even saw a Walmart! All day yesterday I was busy with the holiday decorating and didn't have time to even get on the net till last night and OMG! NEW songs from the Eagles? Unbelievable!

I've got to get to town tonight!

I live a half hour from the nearest Walmart! I am wondering if they have any left. Man, why do I have to work today?!

~~~

"You know, people don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

I'll cross my fingers for you, Brooke - but with the dearth of promotion this release is getting, I imagine they won't be sold out!

~

I am working at home today, so I am blaring the new songs in the background.

I love the line in Do Something when Timmy sings “You’re not ready for the rocking chair.” Makes me grin every time. I take that as kind of an inside joke with the guys, bec the younger music critics have a tendency to pigeonhole the Eagles as “old”, and that is pure BS!

wonder if the whole song isn't structured around that kind of inside joke! How many times have the fans been saying "DO something, guys!" lol

~