Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Songs

Default Re: New Songs!

Yep! We are SO glad they finally decided to Do Something!

it sure seems to be a VERY relevant song to the Eagles! maybe they have finally got the message we want them to Do Something! hehehehe

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

You were right, soda! I finally got to Walmart, they had at least 20 copies left! Mine was more than likely the first one sold from that store!

I love both songs! Surprise!

Fast Co. really reminds me of the Long Run era, Disco Strangler and King of Hollywood. Surely it's not something they found in a vault somewhere and dusted off. I am not of fan of Don's falsetto, but I really like the song. It's funky, cool and I think it could be played on alternative rock radio. If only they knew about it!

Do Something is beautiful and I love Don's part. That's what I love to hear from Don. I first thought-Poco, then remembered Tim's FtF and it fits with it really well. I can definitely hear it on country radio, CMT and GAC. Think they'll do a video for that? I wish.

Anyways, I'm happy!

~~~

"You know, people don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Nancy - I looked at your Fast Company lyrics and they look good to me. Like I said earlier, I think that Fast Company may appeal to the younger generation. I can't wait to play it to my young nieces to test my theory.

As far as Do Something - I can't get it out of my head. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was playing in my head. I thought at first it sounded like some of Tim's solo work, too, but when they break into the harmonies, it is so vintage Eagles that it 'does something' to me.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

I actually embarrassed myself today by singing the chorus to "Do Something" absent-mindedly while walking out to the parking lot. I only realized I was doing it when I passed a guy walking his dog near my car and saw him look at me strangely. In a attempt to cover my embarrassment, I converted my "no, it's never too la..." into a cough as I hurried past him with my head down, lol. Ack, the perils of allowing a song to run through your head too often.

~

Stuck on the Border

Do people here think Glenn can be clearly heard singing in the chorus of Fast Company? Unless he is singing slightly higher than normal, I can't hear him at all, which I am quite disturbed about. What am I missing?

OK...now I can't remember which song it is, but on one of them I can hear Glenn in the way he pronounces one of the words. But the harmonies are so very balanced and blended it's difficult. Have you tried it with earphones? That might help.

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
    After the thrill is gone.

Stuck on the Border

I've listened to it on the iPod, obviously with earphones. You can hear Glenn in Do Something but it's been claimed that he is very clear on the chorus of Fast Company, and I don't think he is.

Glenn is very clear on the lines "Fast company, fast company, fast company, you're going nowhere fast." He's singing in a normal range.

~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I definately agree that Glenn's voice is predominent in the chorus of Fast Company. On the other hand, I think it's harder to pick out the voices in the chorus of Do Something because of the way the harmonies blend so beautifully. I can clearly hear Don, but I'm having a hard time picking out the others.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...