Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn/Joe Video Question

Question Glenn/Joe Video Question

I just received a video that I had ordered of Joe & Glenn performing together. It is recorded on June 1, 1993 in Fairfax, VA. The quality isn't great. I expected it to be a "Party of Two" concert but, it appears to me to be a Glenn solo concert with Joe as a guest. I was wondering if anyone else has or has seen this video. I thought that it would be interesting to discuss it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn/Joe Video Question

It'd be interesting to GET it GL as well. Where did you manage to get it from, Amazon?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

It is a Party of Two concert. By that stage after the SOS debacle Glenn restarted the Strange Weather tour but had Joe with him and it was billed as Party of Two.

I like the show a lot although sometimes Joe appears somewhat under the weather. Possibly the most interesting moment is during Life In The Fast Lane, part of which is actually sung by Glenn. There is a good version of Desperado too, but because it's only on video I don't get to watch it often. I would also be interested to know where you got it.

Smile Re: Glenn/Joe Video Question

Thanks for the info, FP.

I like the show a lot although sometimes Joe appears somewhat under the weather
    I was wondering about that. It seems that Glenn has to join in in a number of places on some of Joe's songs.

It'd be interesting to GET it GL as well. Where did you manage to get it from

FP & GA, I got it through this link: http://www.raremusicvideo.com/videos...lsh_Glenn_Frey

It has been converted to DVD. I probably paid more than it was worth qualitywise, because it is dark & the audio is not the very best, but can you pay too much for Glenn ? I am glad that I bought it!

Aw, I'm sorry you had to pay for it, I have it and would have burned it for the price of shipping and a couple blank DVDs!

It is the only Party of Two show on video that I know of (although it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that there's another one out there somewhere). I've been meaning to put up clips of it. In fact, I think this thread will be the impetus for me to do so! I'll make 'em tonight.

I always suspected that Glenn kind of used this tour to help Joe out... he was in a bad way then.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks anyway, Soda. I appreciate the thought.

I always suspected that Glenn kind of used this tour to help Joe out... he was in a bad way then.
    It's funny, I had that same thought while I was watching it. I got the distinct impression that Joe would not have been able to carry a show by himself. He didn't play that much guitar during the concert. That's another reason why I questioned whether it was actually billed as a Party of Two concert.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    It's funny, I had that same thought while I was watching it. I got the distinct impression that Joe would not have been able to carry a show by himself. He didn't play that much guitar during the concert. That's another reason why I questioned whether it was actually billed as a Party of Two concert.
    Yeah... poor Joe. I have a bootleg of him from a 1991 show and at one point he was having to read the lyrics of one of his songs off of a poorly concealed index card. He was an opening act for the Doobie Brothers then, I believe, and he was in bad shape.

The video you have was advertised as a double bill but in truth Glenn pretty much carried Joe. Little wonder you were confused.

Thank goodness Joe was able to pull himself out of that hole for the Hell Freezes Over tour and is going on 15 years of sobriety! So admirable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, GL, thank you for that link. I have now ordered the DVD. It's much more convenient than having an old video.

Thank goodness Joe was able to pull himself out of that hole for the Hell Freezes Over tour and is going on 15 years of sobriety! So admirable.
    I agree. I do have a great admiration for Joe for becoming clean & sober & being able to remain that way for so many years!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I probably paid more than it was worth qualitywise, because it is dark & the audio is not the very best, but can you pay too much for Glenn ?
    No
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP