Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don does NOT Tweet!

Default Re: Don does NOT Tweet!

I've just been catching up with this thread. Don is hilarious, and so are you girls! I just had a great laugh!

I also thought it was great of Stevie Nicks to write that letter to her fans. Good stuff, Stevie!

I've actually resisted Facebook myself for a long time, but decided to join in August last year, mainly to promote my performing career. So far I have enjoyed it very much, and it has put me in touch with people I haven't seen since childhood.

I don't use any of the other social networking sites, though - one is enough, I reckon.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I resisted Facebook for a while, too. I had a MySpace, I thought. Why do I need Facebook, too? However, one of my friends preferred Facebook and urged me to use it. That was four years ago (wow) and I've been using it ever since! I still don't use my twitter, but I don't scorn it, either. I just don't have time to participate in more than one social network (which is why my MySpace activity is nil now as well).

Maybe Don just needs to have more friends who "twitter" ( ) in order to see the light. Most of his friends are probably like Stevie and contemptuous of social networking. They view it as, at best, an unhealthy adolescent diversion and, at worst, a sharp-edged tool rending our social fabric. On the other hand, many folks (especially below a certain age) are finding it enjoyable and even addictive. You know, it actually somewhat mirrors views towards pot-smoking, an activity these folks seem to have much less of a problem with.

He should talk to Tim and Joe about social networking. It's working for them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I understand Don's misgivings - they're probably similar to those I had before I decided to join Facebook. However, the fact that I'm on Facebook now is not going to affect my inclination towards wanting to spend quality time with friends, face-to-face. I crave that much more than wanting to spend time on Facebook. Facebook helps me to promote myself, as well as keep in touch with people I wouldn't see otherwise. So it adds a dimension to my life, instead of replacing one.

Instead of "twittering" , Don can Facebook - I will send him a friend request!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down