Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Henley v. DeVore

Default Re: Henley v. DeVore

I do know a funny Sting though. He was on Howard Stern's radio show (I know I know) and Howard was asking him about tantric sex... (Sting has claimed he can have sex all day long.) his wife was on the show with him (I think her name is Trudy) anyway, Sting goes on and on about tantric sex and how amazing and transcendental it is etc... Finally, Howard (his redeeming quality) turns to trudy and says, "So, is this all on the level? Is it true?" and she laughs! and laughs! and then says, "well, howard if you define all day as about 3 minutes, then yeah."

A true gem! Brought him back down to earth with a loud thump! You know some of us women get a kick out of true stories like that.

I'm not too good on the QUOTE thing, all I know to do is copy and paste.....
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    I do know a funny Sting though. He was on Howard Stern's radio show (I know I know) and Howard was asking him about tantric sex... (Sting has claimed he can have sex all day long.) his wife was on the show with him (I think her name is Trudy) anyway, Sting goes on and on about tantric sex and how amazing and transcendental it is etc... Finally, Howard (his redeeming quality) turns to trudy and says, "So, is this all on the level? Is it true?" and she laughs! and laughs! and then says, "well, howard if you define all day as about 3 minutes, then yeah."

A true gem! Brought him back down to earth with a loud thump! You know some of us women get a kick out of true stories like that.

I'm not too good on the QUOTE thing, all I know to do is copy and paste.....
    P47, there's a quote button in the bottom right corner of every post that you can use. I just used it on your last post!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I've used the Quote button before but I was talking about quoting parts of the post, sorry I didn't make myself clearer. Like if it's a long post and I only want to answer one sentence or paragraph, how do I isolate it? Thanks....

Ok, Bernie, I'm admitting I'm pc dumbo and Randy, quit snickering...
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Once you've pressed quote, just select and delete the bits of the original post that you don't want. You can always preview your post to check that it has worked correctly.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Thanks for the fast reply! Well DUHHH ME! I never even thought of that, how stupid can I get???

No comments from the Peanut Gallery either........

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply! Well DUHHH ME! I never even thought of that, how stupid can I get???

No comments from the Peanut Gallery either........
    Believe me, I've asked my share of stupid questions! (Or got a name or two wrong, or misunderstood a post, or replied with incorrect information to a post...)
    ~ Cathy ~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Regarding the discussion about entertainers stating their political views during concerts, I've heard others mention it, but I don't recall ever hearing Don or any of the Eagles make any political comments at any of the shows I've attended. Obviously, their views are stated in the lyrics of some of their songs, but I don't remember ever hearing any blatant remarks. I do remember an incident at Don's solo show that I attended last November where a fan was acting like a jerk and the Norfolk, VA crowd gave Don a huge roar of approval. Rather than retell it, I'll just copy what I wrote in my review ...

There was one noteworthy moment though when he started into his remarks on politics, some guy immediately hollered several times “not the venue, not the venue”. Now, while I can appreciate that people don’t want to hear entertainers go on a political rant, in this case, I thought the guy acted like an extremely rude jerk. He started yelling before he even knew that Don was just going to tell a cute, funny joke. Don was very diplomatic – he just ignored him and continued with his story about the 1968 election between Nixon and Humphrey. However, in true Henley fashion, a few songs later, Don zinged the guy by saying something like “to the guy who was shouting ‘not the venue’ – I KNOW where I am”. This got a huge applause from the audience. Needless to say, nothing more was heard from the ‘jerk’ for the remainder of the evening. However, being that Norfolk is a huge military town, before Desperado, Don told a story about his father and uncle both serving in the military, and he dedicated the song to them and all the men and woman of the military who protect us. This garnered another huge round of applause.
    Don may have actually gotten by with saying more that night since the guy was so obnoxious, but instead he was very respectful. So I do think crowds are usually lenient and allow the entertainer a little bit of wiggle room as long as they don't go overboard.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The mood and/or attitude of the entertainer has to be taken into consideration, maybe they're having a bad day or a good day, and it shows onstage. Some people in the audience go into it wanting to cause a little friction, get a little attention, but usually it back-fires on them, as in this case.

Not a political comment, but the first night in Chicago, Sept., 2008 (the one where I first met Soda and TBF), Don said something like, "How about those White Sox" and you should have seen his face as he realized that he had just unleashed the wrath of all the Cub fans in the audience on himself! It was so funny! He grinned and immediately followed up with a joking "And that's our show, good night folks."
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border

They made a couple of comments in Australia. Before Take It Easy one night Glenn said 'these songs are from the last century. I wish we could go back there'. I always thought that was directed at Bush. Glenn also did the 'national surplus' joke before Already Gone one night.

But when Don dedicated Dirty Laundry to Rupert Murdoch in Melbourne, it fell totally flat. Australia had just done what Rupert told them and re-elected the Howard government.