Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wikipedia?

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: Wikipedia?

Well. Now that I've removed my head from the sand with a resounding pop. I was going to scout out a photo but the distinctive "Dirty Laundry" backdrop started coursing through my mind and, with twinges of guilt, I abandoned ship. He might not have reached his newspaper magnate, but I guess he impacted someone...

Default Re: Wikipedia?

I thought that I had read, heard or seen an interview with Don where he said that he had been engaged a couple of times but had never married (until he married Sharon) so I thought thatI would take a quick look. I haven't looked too hard but I did review parts of the "California Nights" compilation. It is a collection of individual interviews with Don & Glenn & reports about the Eagles that I bought a couple of years ago. In one interview that Don did with Jerry Lazar, Jerry stated that Don was one of the last eligible bachelors & came right out & asked Don if he had been married. Don said that he hadn't & one of the reasons was that he wanted to make sure that he was ready. Don went on to say that he was still friends with all his former girlfriends & fiances. He said that he expected to marry some day & have children. The interview must have been in the spring of 1992 because he mentioned that Glenn had become a daddy & had a one year old- "a girl I think". That would have been Taylor.

There is still another interview where he gave more information about his engagements, which I am sure I will come across sometime. I am almost positive though, that he didn't mention their names.