Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neatniks vs... well... not-so-neat

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Neatniks vs... well... not-so-neat

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Ya'll are welcome! any time.. dont expect a clean house tho LOL
    I never trust people with clean houses... could just be me...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: What now?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    In that case, Im excruciatingly trust-worthy! UGH... i just turned around and looked at my living room. I gotta learn not to do that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post

Well - ABM, maybe you should get out and meet more people. People with clean houses can be trustworthy, too. No - really, they can!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - ABM, maybe you should get out and meet more people. People with clean houses can be trustworthy, too. No - really, they can!
    Quite happy as a hermit-recluse hybrid, thank you!
    I just love walking into someone's place or vehicle when it obviously has not been assembled in anticipation of your arrival - it's a sense of "Hey, welcome home!" So Henley and I would last about thirty seconds.

Since the horrifically messy state of my apartment prompted my mother to cry, "I've failed as a mother - I never taught you that you have to clean!" - well, let's just say I'm really trustworthy!

But I wasn't expecting her or I would have at least moved the piles of junk off of the couch, chairs, and tables to somewhere less obvious.... probably would have vacuumed... swept the floor... dusted... those things don't happen at my place unless people are coming over.

(I think I might have just admitted too much...)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Since the horrifically messy state of my apartment prompted my mother to cry, "I've failed as a mother - I never taught you that you have to clean!" - well, let's just say I'm really trustworthy!

But I wasn't expecting her or I would have at least moved the piles of junk off of the couch, chairs, and tables to somewhere less obvious.... probably would have vacuumed... swept the floor... dusted... those things don't happen at my place unless people are coming over.

I dunno, Soda, I've never felt so close to you.
    Sarah's afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Whats that tell you?

Verna calls me a "pilot". I see something on a table...I "pilot" in the basement. I end up with a "pile of it" over here and one over there culminating in Verna threatening to throw it ALL OUT. Now how's THAT fair? I usually know which pile or close to which pile just about anything is that I'm looking for...except for those things in piles that I've forgotten about. Then I get to create NEW piles sorted in a different order. Makes perfect sense to me!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Have any of you watched the new show "hoarders", well my house is not that bad but I just can't seem to throw to many things away. About the time something makes it to the trash I need it and have to go buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I wasn't expecting her or I would have at least moved the piles of junk off of the couch, chairs, and tables to somewhere less obvious.... probably would have vacuumed... swept the floor... dusted... those things don't happen at my place unless people are coming over.

No, no, no; I'm with ticky on this one. Group hug! You both have my support in this regard!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I usually know which pile or close to which pile just about anything is that I'm looking for...except for those things in piles that I've forgotten about. Then I get to create NEW piles sorted in a different order. Makes perfect sense to me!

And the best part is looking through the piles you've forgotten about and finding "new" things. "Heyyyy... I've been wanting that! Excellent!" Better than shopping because you bought 'em in the first place so it's like raiding your other self's treasure trove!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well OMG - Certainly I am not the only member of this board that is willing to defend the neat freaks, am I?. Sure we may be a bit obsessive compulsive, but to attack our very integrity and motives is beyond my anal comprehension. Please believe that I am trustworthy when I say I like to keep my world in perfect order for myself - not merely to impress some lame visitor. And all you pilots out there, just remember you haven't cornered the market on hiding things from yourselves.

Now, of course, I'm not really offended, but the other side needs a voice here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016