Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neatniks vs... well... not-so-neat

Default Re: Neatniks vs... well... not-so-neat

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I had a therapist once who said I was a "lazy perfectionist" I want everything a certain way and if I cant have it that way or it's too big a job, I just dont do it.
    That's about right!
    LOL! I think we all have a bit of that in us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: What now?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Oh, I can tell I'm forming an alliance with Soda, Ticky, MikeA, and ABM on this one.
    Survivor on the Border! We might not be able to find the lion hide to hold the sticks of our tents together ("I swear, it was just here"), but we're unparalleled in the hunter-gatherer department.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    And Dreamer and the neatniks, I am soo utterly that you can make 'neatnik-ing' a priority in your schedules (that I'm sure are busy and full as mine is!) I just haven't had that become a priority...yet!
    I, conversely, have no wild animals (aka children) to herd/attend and plenty of time on the weekends... but no ambition whatsoever. "Do I want to clean or work on my sketch?" Ask a stupid question...

Everyone with children has my sympathy though. My sister and I are thirteen years apart, so I remember all too well the inherent futility of attempting to keep anything arranged. The rough equivalent of acting out this on a regular basis: (Couldn't resist - it's on the sidebar this week, and has to be the single greatest smiley ever.)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Oh Brooke - I just knew I could count on my twin-separated-at-birth on this. However, I do have a small confession to make - when I said that I kept my world in perfect order, I was exaggerating somewhat for dramatic effect. I used to be a lot more anal about my house than I am now. But as I like to say - sometimes the world gets in the way and things have to slide. I mostly keep things neat, but I do have some piles. Of course, they are usually my little secret piles that are hidden away out of sight where only I know where to find them (hopefully). In addition, I have been known to occasionally spot a dust bunny or two around the place!
    Yep, twin sista. I must confess to seeing a dust bunny once in a blue moon at my house, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

ABM's definitely on to something. The fact that I have no kids and a neat husband works in my favor. Do I want to clean? No-o-o-o-o. But you do what you gotta do!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Kay and Brooke, I'm in the minority with ya, it seems.

I love a clean house, I love to clean my house. Our yard is the same way.

I have it down to a system to the point where I can get my chores done in just a few hours a week. Twice a year, I rip the house apart and clean it top to bottom. During these cleaning binges-I purge what we no longer need. Stuff gets takent to the local women's shelter or Goodwill. No stuff piled up here.

My boys aren't neat freaks (thank god we have doors on their rooms) -but both of them aren't afraid of housework and both of them are really good at it. I will have lucky daughter in laws some day.

I only sound anal. Our house is clean, but lived in. People don't have to take their shoes off here, no freakin' out about spills or glass rings and you can go ahead and put your feet on my coffee table if ya want, I don't care. And of course, there are the dogs.

Out on the Border

I'm not really a neat person either, but since i moved into my new space i have been trying to keep stuff neat, it is working so far but it hasn't even been a week so only time will tell. but if you go back to my home it looks like a disaster zone

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I have it down to a system to the point where I can get my chores done in just a few hours a week. Twice a year, I rip the house apart and clean it top to bottom. During these cleaning binges-I purge what we no longer need. Stuff gets takent to the local women's shelter or Goodwill. No stuff piled up here.

My hat is off to you!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    Survivor on the Border! We might not be able to find the lion hide to hold the sticks of our tents together ("I swear, it was just here"), but we're unparalleled in the hunter-gatherer department.

I, conversely, have no wild animals (aka children) to herd/attend and plenty of time on the weekends... but no ambition whatsoever. "Do I want to clean or work on my sketch?" Ask a stupid question...

Everyone with children has my sympathy though. My sister and I are thirteen years apart, so I remember all too well the inherent futility of attempting to keep anything arranged. The rough equivalent of acting out this on a regular basis: (Couldn't resist - it's on the sidebar this week, and has to be the single greatest smiley ever.)
    OK, guys, LOL at Mike and his golf balls, Ticky and her "lazy perfectionist" scheme, and ABM 's search for the lion hide! And Ticky, I'm taking your "wait until Sarah's older phase" a bunch of steps further. The way I look at it, why waste a summer day cleaning the bathroom (the worst job in the world), when you can take your kids to the shore/pool/insert favorite leisure activity here? You have your whole life to clean the house; while the time that your children actually want to spend with you is so fleeting...you need to take advantage of it before they grow all up and act like teenagers! Actually, I'm entering a good phase right now...Ethan, my 13-yr-old, is seemingly returning from the Dark Side (which he entered 2 years ago), and I will take all possible measures to nurture this newly-forged relationship where he is actually speaking to me and seeking advice, rather than grunting/yelling/giving me the silent treatment. Yea!

Dreamer and Brooke, I was also LOL about you and your twin sisterhood. It certainly does seem to come up a lot!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...