Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Default Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Time for the Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor, where we vote off Glenn's solo music videos until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all Glenn’s solo music videos here. Vote for the video that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The video that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more video will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted. This holds true even if your vote is a mistake. Sorry, them's the rules!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tie in any round, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whichever video has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the second-to-last-round, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the end of the round, I ask a Frey video-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining video to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. You must include both your answer and the video you wish to be immune in your post in order for it to count. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any video being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

So now – let’s have some fun and enjoy the game!

===============================

And the winner is....
    Smuggler's Blues

Thanks for playing!

Videos Eliminated:
    Love in the 21st Century 8/29
    The Heat Is On 08/31
    Some Kind of Blue 09/02
    I've Got Mine 09/04
    Part of Me, Part of You 09/06
    Livin' Right 09/08
    I Found Somebody 09/10
    True Love 09/12
    Sexy Girl 09/14
    Soul Searchin 09/16
    The One You Love 09/18
    River of Dreams 09/20
    You Belong to the City 09/22

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Round 1 - The Heat Is On

Glenn's barely in it, and when he is, there's no variety. It's black-and-white long shots, mid-shots and close-ups of him standing at a microphone and singing. Eh.

I cast my vote for The Heat Is On.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

OK, well the first vote is easy for me. I cast my vote for Love In the 21st Century.

Why wasn't the Strange Weather album commerically successful? The videos are so DRAB! And this one.... it's weird. I understand why it's weird but I can't 'relate' to it. And whoever told Glenn to bleach his hair was just... wrong.

Soda, I am surprised you went for THIO. Give me shots of him standing at a mic & singing any day!

I will follow Julie's lead and vote for Love In The 21st Century, Just a horrible video.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Soda, I am surprised you went for THIO. Give me shots of him standing at a mic & singing any day!
    I see your point. I just figured I'd vote for a video where he's hardly in it than the video that he's all over.

Regardless, Love in the 21st century is an awful video and if it goes first, I won't mind.

I'm torn here, but I'm going to go with Soda. I never watched it much because nothing in it (other than Glenn) appealed to me. The sax player bothers me & that is my least favourite look of Glenn's.

I cast my vote for The Heat Is On.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think LIT21C is really kinda funny, but whatever inspired Glenn to go blond.........bad idea!

And I agree about THIO. Not nearly enough Glenn.

My vote goes to Love In The 21st Century.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That is easy, no question, I vote for Love in the 21st Century!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

No question for me..

I cast my vote for Love in the 21st Century

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I agree with most everyone else...

I vote for Love In The 21st Century
    . Just a strange video and have never really liked it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low