Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

That's correct!

True Love is immune.

Round 6 starts NOW!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

OK, to imitate the very clever quotations from the songs which Soda and Dreamer use to 'farewell' each song from the island:

Livin' Right, I had to face the truth. It's time for you to go. I ended up being more generous to this video than I intended.

I will go with Livin' Right

Think I know what's gonna go down in flames this round...

But I'm going to vote for another one!

I cast my vote for I Found Somebody.

He's adorable in it and that kiss is hot, but there's not much else going for it compared to the other videos.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Again, I vote for Livin' Right!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I'll go for Livin' right again
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it's not looking good for Livin' Right this round. But, I thought I'd put in a plug for I Found Somebody. Oh man – I love that video. I think the way the story depicted in the video fits with the song is very clever. On the surface, when I listen to the song’s lyrics, it seems as if Glenn has finally met his soul mate. However, upon reflecting deeper, I always thought the song portrayed the 70's and '80's fickle trend of falling in and out of love so easily. When I saw the video, I said a big “YES” because that's exactly what the video says to me. She’s no soul mate – just a pickup in a bar that probably will turn out to be another disappointing one night stand! Whenever, a video can reveal a meaning to a song that the listener may not ordinarily get by just casually listening to it, then the video gets a big as far as I’m concerned.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It's a difficult decision now. I guess I'm going to have to cast my vote for "Sexy Girl".

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I must say that I LOVE watching that kiss in IFS, even though I am more than a little jealous of its recipient when I DO watch it. She may have been a one night stand.......but OH what a stand!

OK! That said, I cast my vote for 'Livin Right'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - it's not looking good for Livin' Right this round. But, I thought I'd put in a plug for I Found Somebody. Oh man – I love that video. I think the way the story depicted in the video fits with the song is very clever. On the surface, when I listen to the song’s lyrics, it seems as if Glenn has finally met his soul mate. However, upon reflecting deeper, I always thought the song portrayed the 70's and '80's fickle trend of falling in and out of love so easily. When I saw the video, I said a big “YES” because that's exactly what the video says to me. She’s no soul mate – just a pickup in a bar that probably will turn out to be another disappointing one night stand! Whenever, a video can reveal a meaning to a song that the listener may not ordinarily get by just casually listening to it, then the video gets a big as far as I’m concerned.
    That is an extra dimension to the song/video that never occurred to me. I always thought it was a straightforward love song except that in the first verse I thought he may have been making disguised allusions to the Eagles' breakup.

There are similarities to the Johnny Can't Read video here:

They are both wearing the clothes they wear on their respective album covers. Also, it's the first solo video for them both and it seems to me neither of them are finding it easy to adjust to their new roles. Try as he might, Glenn does not convince me during the 'pick up' scene, especially when you clearly see him mouth 'my name's Glenn Frey'. I wish he hadn't included all this and just showed himself singing in the club. But perhaps he didn't feel confident enough as a solo artist yet to do that (in fact the only other 'performance' video is True Love).