Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

I'm voting for Livin' Right. I can appreciate the humour behind it, but I can't help but find it cringey - I just enjoy watching the other videos more.

On a sidenote, I'm really glad Sexy Girl stayed. Just that shot of Glenn in his white t-shirt, looking fed up, turning to glance at the camera... Swoon! (Soda, please bring that avatar back! At least for a little while!)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

lol! I love that avatar too - I will bring it back after my "video cycle" is done. It may seem silly, but for the Survivor game, I'm putting up an avatar from a different video every round. Can't show favoritism!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I know I voted for Livin' Right before but I agree with Soda about I've Got Mine. At least Livin' Right has some entertainment value. I've Got Mine, while timely, etc, is not much fun to watch and I don't like those backing singers. Also, if I want to see that blue jacket, I will watch Dublin, thanks.

I cast my vote for I've Got Mine.

Once again I vote for Livin´ Right.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm sticking with my original vote.

I vote for Sexy Girl.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

A couple of things about Sexy Girl,

At the beginning of the video there are two empty longnecks on top of the piano. Glenn goes to the fridge and twists the top off of a shortneck. Next thing you see is Glenn back at the piano. Now there are four longnecks, two cans of soda and a cup of something (which he partakes of) on the piano. Obviously we are supposed to assume the passage of time and hence the writer's block. But what happened to the shortneck bottle? Did he suddenly decide to be tidy and throw that one empty in the trash? I know it's a little thing but I noticed it!
    Anyway, the more I watch Sexy Girl the cuter it gets. And there's just something about the end where the camera pans out to show the devastation the Sexy Girl has caused the neighborhood! The convertible is being towed away and the man and wife are arguing in front of the cop, etc...

Now for my vote. Never underestimate the power of persuasion. I am having to watch these videos over and over for the purpose of this game, having never seen most of them before. After Soda posted her views on I've Got Mine I took another look. There's not much of a story going on, which I like to see in a video, and I don't like the constant 'overblending', (for lack of the industry name for it) of one visual to another. For these reasons and others that Soda mentioned
    I cast my vote for I've Got Mine.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Soda, FP & PM, you have pretty much summed up my views on I Got Mine. I suppose that I shouldn't be so shallow & appreciate the message more (I do commend Glenn for his social conscience), but for all the previously mentioned reasons it bothers me to watch it. Therefore,

I cast my vote for I Got Mine.

I am forming a coalition to save I've Got Mine, If you want I've Got Mine to stay Please Please PLEASE Vote for Livin' Right, Just awful cheesy 80's.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sorry EL. I really like Livin' Right even if it is cheesy. It's very funny and I admire Glenn for allowing himself to be the one that needed to get in shape and actually making himself look the part. I find it a very entertaining video and Glenn ends up looking very H,S & G!

As much as I love the song I've Got Mine (especially the burning guitar solos), I have to agree with Soda on it. Plus his hair is way too short! Not much going on there although it does portray the message.

So, I cast my vote for I've Got Mine.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I understand I will be terribly disappointed when I've Got Mine is eliminated but Life isn't fair