Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

I Vote for Some Kind of Blue

I think there's only one part of the Sexy Girl video where Glenn seems to step a bit over the line in that he peeks out of his window and watches "sexy girl" put on lingerie. But since he never leaves his house (unlike other guys in the video who go to peer through a hole in the fence) and apparently sexy girl likes to display herself (at one point in the video she hangs lingerie in her front yard) I can give him a pass.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I understand what you're saying, Dreamer, but I think that even ONE video (besides POMPOY) where he was the only person in it would have been nice.

My next vote is for Livin' Right. Cindy or no Cindy, it is so dated and cheesy that I still find it embarrassing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Soda.

One other comment to make a case for the Sexy Girl video. This is one of those rare cases where I think the video is actually better than the song. I just think the video is so cute that it actually makes the song more enjoyable for me. As I said before, to me, it is obvious that the intent here was light-hearted humor. It also doesn't hurt that Glenn is so uber hot in this video that I think it should be named Sexy Guy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, once again, I agree with you completely!

I like the video for Sexy Girl and also Livin' Right better than the songs by themselves. I think they are both cute and funny and really fit the songs well. I know they are a bit dorky, but hey.......Glenn is hot in both of them and it was the 80's!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Brooke!

I also totally agree with your comments about Livin' Right. I think it is a very entertaining video. As I've said before, cheesy, yet satisfying! Freypower, I must say that I am perplexed over your statement that the Livin' Right video is dated. To me, a video with a theme of living right and working out to get in shape doesn't get outdated???

I also want to comment on the Part of Me, Part of You video. Now, of course, the song is incredible, but the video just doesn't have a lot going for it unless you want a preview of the Thelma and Louise movie. As a soundtrack video, at least the clips from the Beverly Hills Cop movie in The Heat Is On video are exciting and entertaining. There just doesn't seem to be much logic between the selection of movie clips and the song in the POMPOY video. And definitely not enough Glenn. Even if he appears alone, the way the video was shot doesn't do him much justice. I hope the awesomeness of the song doesn't keep this video around longer than it deserves to be. But, as is usual for me, I am going to wait to see what happens in this round before casting my vote.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Brooke!

I also totally agree with your comments about Livin' Right. I think it is a very entertaining video. As I've said before, cheesy, yet satisfying! Freypower, I must say that I am perplexed over your statement that the Livin' Right video is dated. To me, a video with a theme of living right and working out to get in shape doesn't get outdated???
    It is far too '80s' for me. That is why I find it dated.

There isn't a lot of voting going on here, but the discussion is interesting.

I vote for Livin´ Right!
    I like the song but I do not like the video! Why no idea!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I also vote for Livin' Right for the same reason as Koala.
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Geez--I was only joking about the whole "stalker" thing! If Glenn wanted to stalk me--he'd be more than welcome! But seriously, I really don't care that much for the song or the video. It and Livin' Right are pretty much running neck and neck for me. But I guess I'm going to stick with with the same one.

I again vote for Sexy Girl. (ducking and running!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low