Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey

Default Re: Journey

We came so close to going to the state fair after all with my BIL and SIL to see Heart and The Bangles, but there were no good seats left. Instead the four of us had a cookout on the new deck and enjoyed a mini concert of songs from both bands that I had put together into a playlist. It turned out to be a great evening!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    We came so close to going to the state fair after all with my BIL and SIL to see Heart and The Bangles, but there were no good seats left. Instead the four of us had a cookout on the new deck and enjoyed a mini concert of songs from both bands that I had put together into a playlist. It turned out to be a great evening!
    I wanted to go to see that soooooo bad, but my husband had to work. His boss did go and said it was fantastic!

Btw, back on topic....Journey was on CBS Morning Show this morning! I recorded it, so will watch it later.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

You can catch "Any Way You Want It", "Separate Ways", and
    "Never Walk Away" on The Early Show's website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...dy;cbsCarousel
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Rick - I looked at all your pics yesterday and they inspired me to check out Journey's remaining tour schedule. And guess what - they are coming to my hometown (Richmond, VA) on 9/15. Now I have always liked the band a lot and wanted to see them live. However, after Steve Perry left, I couldn't imagine seeing them without Steve Perry - no way! But after seeing clips of Arnel, I think this guy is an amazing replacement. I honestly never thought anyone could fill Steve's shoes, but he seems to have nailed it. Plus, even though the voice of Steve Perry is what defined the band for many people, Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon are not too shabby songwriters in their own right, and a major part of the band's success.

So the bottom line is your post and pictures inspired me and I think I'm gonna get tickets to see them. Plus the ticket prices are fairly reasonable. My only disappointment is that the opening act for the Richmond show is Night Ranger. I would waayyyyy much rather see Heart who I also like a bunch.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I saw Heart, Journey and Cheap Trick last summer.

Heart was amazing. Ann and Nancy have still got all the range and great guitar playing that they always did. I would see them again in a heartbeat (pun intended )

Journey not so much. Yes, Arnel sounds like Steve Perry, but he's not. And Steve Perry (IMHO) is what made Journey who they were. Arnel is VERY energetic on stage, but I found it really distracting.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Rick - I looked at all your pics yesterday and they inspired me to check out Journey's remaining tour schedule. And guess what - they are coming to my hometown (Richmond, VA) on 9/15. Now I have always liked the band a lot and wanted to see them live. However, after Steve Perry left, I couldn't imagine seeing them without Steve Perry - no way! But after seeing clips of Arnel, I think this guy is an amazing replacement. I honestly never thought anyone could fill Steve's shoes, but he seems to have nailed it. Plus, even though the voice of Steve Perry is what defined the band for many people, Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon are not too shabby songwriters in their own right, and a major part of the band's success.

So the bottom line is your post and pictures inspired me and I think I'm gonna get tickets to see them. Plus the ticket prices are fairly reasonable. My only disappointment is that the opening act for the Richmond show is Night Ranger. I would waayyyyy much rather see Heart who I also like a bunch.

Great! I hope you are able to get some tickets and go. I know you will
    not be disappointed. Despite the above post, I don't think they could
    have gotten a better fit for a lead singer. He is outstanding!

Rick

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Lynnzop! I agree completely about Heart and pretty much about Journey. I love Steve Perry and believe Journey isn't Journey without him. I have seen the "new guy" and think he is extremely talented tho. But I'm afraid I don't want to see them without Steve. JMO
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, Lynnzop. As I said earlier, I used to feel exactly the same way - no Steve Perry, no Journey for me. However, I have been checking it out, and the overall response to Arnel has been super-positive. It seems the band's popularity has soared since he joined. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm gonna go see for myself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm kind of the same way, no Steve Perry no Journey for me either. But this guy is looking and sounding pretty good! I could be convinced to give them a shot now!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I told you guys, I used to feel the same way.....Steve Perry WAS Journey.

It wasn't until after I saw AND heard Arnel Live from row 5 that I was
    convinced he is a very talented guy. I've actually paid to see them
    twice in the last 13 months. Go see them in person. Tickets are reasonable.

Rick