Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677

Thread: Reminiscing

Default Re: Reminiscing

I just referenced my 2014 HOTE concert experience in another thread and I got to thinking about it.

I certainly miss going to see this band. I am grateful I got to see them on the LROOE and HOTE tour, for a total of two times. I would be envious of those who went more often, but then I remember those who never got to see them with Glenn and wanted to and are deciding not to go now and it makes me feel blessed to be able to say I saw Glenn.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

A thousand "Amens" to that, Austin. I will be forever grateful that I was able to see The Eagles as many times as I did.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    A thousand "Amens" to that, Austin. I will be forever grateful that I was able to see The Eagles as many times as I did.
    Just seeing this.

Absolutely! I got to see them twice - twice more than I did and frankly twice more with Glenn than a lot of people. I don't take it lightly.

6 years ago today, I met Nancy for the first time and saw some guy name Joe Walsh in Memphis.

It was a great concert and it was nice to meet Nancy and hang with her.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley