Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Reminiscing

I remember you telling us about that in Niagara Falls which happens to be 9 years ago this week! I will always remember the first time I saw Glenn singing 2 live solo shows. Unforgettable!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its already a year since myself, Soda, Dreamer and Houston Babe met up in Houston for the weekend and attended Joe's Vets Aid show. It was a brilliant weekend and Joe and his friends put on a spectacular show lasting about 6 hours. Its was a priviledge too to meet Soda's lovely parents who had us to stay in their home for the weekend.

Its a very different world now, only a year later but we hold strong in the hope that better days are ahead and that we will manage to meert up again when things are back to Normal.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I was just looking at my tshirt and thinking about that trip today. So much has changed, but what fun it was!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Amen to both of you. This year is the only time in the last 15 years that I did not go on multiple Eagles-related trips. It sucks and I can't wait until we can get together again for another excellent Eagles adventure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

4 years ago today, I saw Don in Austin, Texas at the Moody Theater (aka where Austin City Limits is filmed). I started with a trip to see Don's hometown in Linden and then see him in Austin and Sugar Land. It was a great 4 days.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

That sounds like a great adventure! Sweet memories!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Sounds like a very special trip, shun. Reminiscing is fun isn't it!

I forgot to add. Also meeting Scott and Michael after the Austin show. They were so nice.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

5 years ago today, Soda and I saw Joe in concert in Memphis. It was a great weekend.

Shun - I'm glad you and Soda were able to go to an Eagles-related show together.

And as I do every year lately, I have to mention that today is the 14th anniversary of the night Soda, PLS, and myself were invited to meet up with Glenn, his daughter, Taylor, and Tommy Nixon after Glenn's solo show in Niagara Falls. Without a doubt, my most memorable Eagles experience ever. I still miss Glenn every day.