Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    The 13th is a very good day for Eagles sightings, it seems, although I completely forgot to post about my JULY 13th, 2002 Eagles show in Ames, Iowa! It was the first time since the 70s for me and my husband to see them and we managed 3rd row tickets in front of Timothy! I was in heaven all night long as we had wanted to see them again soooooo bad and to be that close was pretty much unbelievable for us! It was called "An Evening with the Eagles" and it was fabulous! A dream come true for, really, both of us! We had always loved them and never dreamed we'd get to see them live, in concert again. By this time we were actually able to afford it and not be in the nosebleed section! Wonderful, wonderful memory!
    Wow Brooke, wonderful memory, and isnt it amazing how we even remember where we were sitting during those shows!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    3 years ago today, I drove to the northeastern part of my state to meet Soda. We went to see Joe at the Mud Island Ampitheatre in Memphis. We had such a great time. We went to a record store, ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, went to a museum where we saw a few Eagles memorabilia and of course we saw the man himself, Joe Walsh. That was my first time seeing Joe in concert. Of course I would see his bandmate, Don Henley 5 months later in Texas, but that's another story. LOL

Soda. It was great to finally meet you and have somebody from the board in my state. I need to come up there and visit you sometimes. I know I've been saying that years. LOL One weekend I will make time.
    Maybe we could meet in the middle sometime! Let me know if you ever get up further north.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    The 13th is a very good day for Eagles sightings, it seems, although I completely forgot to post about my JULY 13th, 2002 Eagles show in Ames, Iowa! It was the first time since the 70s for me and my husband to see them and we managed 3rd row tickets in front of Timothy! I was in heaven all night long as we had wanted to see them again soooooo bad and to be that close was pretty much unbelievable for us! It was called "An Evening with the Eagles" and it was fabulous! A dream come true for, really, both of us! We had always loved them and never dreamed we'd get to see them live, in concert again. By this time we were actually able to afford it and not be in the nosebleed section! Wonderful, wonderful memory!
    Sounds like it was a great night! After all those years... what a special time!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well today marks the date of my most special Eagles experience ever. It was on this night in 2007 that Soda, PLS, and I attended Glenn's solo show in Niagara Falls and got to hang out with him, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after the show. We attended a second show the following night and he dedicated a song to us. A trip I will forever cherish. So hard to believe it was 12 years ago.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well today marks the date of my most special Eagles experience ever. It was on this night in 2007 that Soda, PLS, and attended Glenn's solo show in Niagara Falls and got to hang out with him, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after the show. We attended a second show the following night and he dedicated a song to us. A trip I will forever cherish. So hard to believe it was 12 years ago.
    I was just thinking about that today. Oh, we were so freaking lucky. A memory to cherish indeed.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was thinking of you guys too. What a brilliant experience that was. Definitely one to cherish. And this time 8 years ago I was just getting ready to go on my journey to see my first Solo Glenn Frey concert in Niagara Falls. Of course I was alos looking forward to meeting in person so many people who I had interacted with on the Border for so many years too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I was so glad to meet you, GA and have you for a 'roomie'. That was a fun trip too and glad we've had a few others after that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I can't believe that was eight years ago!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Six years ago (?????) I saw the Eagles (the REAL Eagles) in St. Louis for the HOTE Tour. Wow, how time flies!

It was a fabulous show!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, six years ago. Hard to believe!