Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Reminiscing

I remember you guys telling me about that show! I'd love to have gone to it but I couldn't get off work. At least I had my chance a month later in NYC. Love those memories though
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Five years ago today, Dreamer, Houston Baby, and I attended an Eagles show in Memphis. It was a really special show for me. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to... a wonderful night. They were really on fire and having a great time. Glenn at one point even put on an Elvis wig and did an Elvis swagger! He was adorable.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...is-TN-11-16-08

An unforgettable night!
    That was a great show! Glenn was so cute & funny! It was one of the best shows I saw of the HOTE tour. All the guys seemed super energized, maybe the Memphis or Elvis spirit. Or the Memphis bar-b-que!!

And I loved seeing Graceland for the first time! Thank you Soda & Dreamer for being such great tour guides! We packed a lot in that weekend!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Happy times, ladies!

And ltef - I never realized you were at that show. If it was your first Eagles show, you sure picked a good one!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but it was the 6th anniversary of the opening show of the History of the Eagles tour in Louisville, Kentucky. What an amazing experience it was. We had a pretty large Border gathering for the show and we had a terrific weekend. This will always stand out as one of my favorite Eagles shows ever. The excitement of seeing Bernie reunited with the band and seeing several songs performed that I had never seen before was a very emotional experience for me. That night I thought 'it just doesn't get much better than this'. I am so grateful that I got to see several more shows after this and am left with such wonderful memories of my last Eagles tour.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but it was the 6th anniversary of the opening show of the History of the Eagles tour in Louisville, Kentucky. What an amazing experience it was. We had a pretty large Border gathering for the show and we had a terrific weekend. This will always stand out as one of my favorite Eagles shows ever. The excitement of seeing Bernie reunited with the band and seeing several songs performed that I had never seen before was a very emotional experience for me. That night I thought 'it just doesn't get much better than this'. I am so grateful that I got to see several more shows after this and am left with such wonderful memories of my last Eagles tour.
    Oh my gosh, yes. That was an absolutely epic show. One of the most memorable of my entire life!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I remember bring up very early on the Sunday morning purely to come on here to get the set list and hear the comments from yoou guys who had been to it. I think it was the best offering the Eagles ever put out as a show. Glenn 's star certainly rose to its zenith on this. Pity it just burst at that point instead of having the chance to fall gracefully later on.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

That was a GREAT weekend!!! I can also remember the excitement building up to the show. I don't think I ate hardly anything at our dinner prior to the show, I was so excited. But it was a fabulous time with everyone before and after the show. And the concert was absolutely perfect! The guys had everything nailed down and sounded amazing! Such a blessing to be at the first concert of HOTE.

Of course, my highlight of the weekend was seeing Glenn in the hotel lobby prior to the show with his hair wet. That image is burned into my mind - talk about sexy!!

I do have to thank the Borderers there that made me feel welcome at my first Border gathering! Little did I know at that time that it was the first of many, many EAGLES adventures and beautiful friendships .
    Love you guys!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, awesome! I didn't remember that you saw Glenn in the lobby!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    HB, awesome! I didn't remember that you saw Glenn in the lobby!
    I will NEVER forget! LOL!
    His hair looked freshly shampooed, it was wet and it was so wavy! And with his sunglasses on, he was runway ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I will NEVER forget! LOL!
    His hair looked freshly shampooed, it was wet and it was so wavy! And with his sunglasses on, he was runway ready!!
    Now how am I supposed to work with that image in my mind? Sheesh!